The Gap, Inc. Project Manager, Product Education - Gap in New York City, New York
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The PM, Product Education is responsible for creating and executing product knowledge programs, tools and resources so that store teams across all Gap, North America stores are educated on brand heritage, the merchandise assortment, styling tips, and features & benefits to drive overall topline sales.
This role will interact with cross brand, cross functional and cross channel business partners and works with the Sr. Manager of Retail Operations to influence key business partners across all functions and channels and represents the voice of the field in all interactions.
What you'll do:
• Develop and influence product education strategies to promote seasonal buys and key product stories through a blended learning model that utilizes various forms of training communication (written, visual, experiential)
• Lead the creation and execution all product education tools through effective communication, project plans and timely release of compelling information that inspires associate teams
• Facilitate product training sessions as needed for major product launches and big ideas – virtual and/or in-person
• Collaborate with Field and HQ teams to determine opportunities for process improvement and innovative toolsesources that are relevant and resonate with the store associate population
• Work with labor teams to ensure time invested is effectively planned, scheduled and utilized to increase associate awareness and skillset
• Recommend change management strategies to effectively implement any new product initiatives
• Oversee and execute all store communication associated with product confidence, product launches and any new offerings
• Analyze and propose solutions to improve customer experience through product knowledge, product expert programs, etc.
• Analyze competitors to enable best in class processes
• Support other retail operations projects or brand specific strategic initiatives as needed
Who you are
• Continuous Learning - articulates and embraces challenges; learns from and seeks information that can result in improved business results
• Innovation - demonstrates ability to effectively brainstorm and implement new ideas/solutions with the team, including learning & development strategies and platforms.
• Customer Impact – understands the stores and how they operate, as well as the employee experience and what motivates or inspires our internal teams (from Brand Associates to General Managers).
• Champion Inclusion – builds and develops programs that celebrate the teams’ individuality, foster inclusivity and motivate all associates regardless of grade level.
• Commercial Impact – understands the importance of achieving commercial and business goals and how competing initiatives and priorities can impact the effectiveness of each program.
• Detail Orientated – demonstrates attention to detail in the creation of processes and monitors implementation to ensure proper execution.
• Self-Accountability – sets specific and measurable performance objectives and strives to always meet or exceed the performance standard
• Problem Solving – articulates successful response to challenging situations utilizing available knowledge while considering alternative solutions
• Time Management – demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize and adapt appropriately
• Ambiguity – adapts and continues to perform through change and ambiguity
• Retail Stores experience preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
Employee stock purchase plan.*
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
See more (https://corporate.gapinc.com/en-us/careers/gap-inc-careers/gap-inc-benefits) of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign (https://www.hrc.org/resources/best-places-to-work-2019) for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (https://www.gapinc.com/en-us/articles/2019/01/gap-inc-recognized-in-2019-bloomberg-gender-equali) for the second year in a row.