Hyatt Sales Coordinator in NEW YORK CITY, New York
Supports the overall sales and marketing efforts of the hotel by performing administrative and servicing duties. Provide direct support to the Sales Managers, Conference Service Manager and/or Director of Sales & Marketing in maintaining existing business clientele relationships, ensuring maximum operational efficiency for the department, profitability for the hotel and quality service for hotel guests.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment while maintaining a pro-active, solutions oriented approach to all tasks
- Working knowledge of the sales process from initial inquiry, qualifying, negotiating, closing and servicing of clients
- Develop thorough understanding of sales team deployment, market segmentation and positioning, seasonality and pricing as it relates to the sales & marketing strategies of hotel
- Answer all incoming calls and email inquiries to the sales department; qualify and complete lead forms in Envision for all inquiries, and assist guests with questions, changes and special requests for reservations o Ensure no leads are abandoned, all calls are returned within four hours and all requests are communicated promptly to appropriate departments for proper execution o Ensure Envision Sales Funnel is checked at least 3 times per day, and leads are assigned in a timely manner
- Have thorough knowledge of procedures for VIPs, including facilitating Sales amenity program; assist with preparing gifts and custom amenities as needed
- Provide administrative support to the group sales team by creating & assigning leads, building group room blocks, entering rooming lists, setting routing instructions and VIP designations, creating group turnovers & resumes, and assisting with all general sales inquiries
- Handle daily reporting including room block cutoffs, block changelog, and arrivals report
- Coordinate daily site schedule process with key stakeholders including Events team, Housekeeping and Front Desk; walk all site rooms daily to ensure they are “showroom” ready
- Assist with rate shopping the hotel’s transient accounts to ensure rates are automated and bookable
- Assist transient sales team during the Annual RFP contracting process with compiling business cases
- Support preparation for travel, tradeshow and FAM related activities including organizing any print/digital collateral needed, and assisting with post trip reporting and expense processing
- Assist with creation and production of sales and marketing collateral
- Assist DOSM with completing company sales reports, complying with sales office system standards and managing expenses via departmental checkbook
- Maintain a working knowledge of the front of house and back of house departments including sales, catering, front desk, concierge and housekeeping
- Understand the credit policy of the hotel, and assist with sending Sertifi credit card authorization forms as directed
- Review no-shows from previous night and forward to appropriate Sales Manager
- Research and stay abreast of new sources of business by using various media and community resources.
- Assist DOSM on creative marketing projects, involving Social Media, Editorial Content, Public relations, Cultural partnerships such as proposals and special event invitations
- Assist DOSM with preparation of annual budget, marketing plan, SWOT analysis etc
- Maintain timely and effective paper flow and communications with in the sales area, and dispose of all sensitive documents in an appropriate manner
- Maintain an orderly office environment and manage par inventory levels of all sales resources including amenity items and office supplies
- In the absence of the Sales Managers/DOSM, conduct scheduled or walk-in sales site visits
- Maintain positive and professional communications with all guests
- Adhere to hotel Health and Safety guidelines, represent Sales team in all Safety Committee meetings
Maintain complete knowledge of:
- all hotel features/services and hours of operation
- hotel history and neighborhood knowledge
- all room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments and location
- all room rates, special packages and promotions
- room availability status for any given day
- scheduled daily group activities
- Meeting room spaces & capacities
- OPERA PMS, Reserve, Envision, ALICE, Sertifi, and all other sales related programs
- Hotel’s competitive set
Essential: 1. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, team members and management to their understanding. 2. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, initiative, warm hospitable manner, courteous, cooperativeness and work with minimal supervision. 3. College graduate. 4. Previous hotel/hospitality/tourism experience. 5. Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance. 6. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with team members and the public. Desirable:
One to two years previous hotel sales coordinator experience.
Computer knowledge in Windows environment and previous experience with automated property management system.
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive hand motion (typing) for extended periods of time.
Primary Location: US-NY-New York City
Organization: The Beekman
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: NEW008761
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
- Hyatt Jobs