PepsiCo Senior Design Thinking & Training Manager in New York City, New York
Auto req ID: 202473BR
We use design and design-thinking to lead innovation agendas for PepsiCo’s Global brands and businesses to help it grow and transform beyond its core. We drive innovation by defining, prototyping, learning and launching strategically aligned and commercially viable new products, services, retail experiences, brands and systems - while eating Cheetos. We challenge and seek to change how PepsiCo works to drive true business innovation.
We are a seasoned, creative team that leverages the power of Design Thinking to solve business problems that drive meaningful growth. We innovate with intent; to solve real problems, for real people, in the real world. We innovate to incite positive change - for people, brands, business and the world around us. We know what it takes to make ideas a reality and bring that into everything we do.
In this role you will report to the Sr. Director, Design Thinking and work with the Design Innovation, Design Leadership and Strategic Transformation teams to effectively develop and deliver inventive, impactful Design Thinking training across the organization. You’ll participate in the development of our point of view, standards of practice, and communications for PepsiCo’s specific version of Design Thinking and design-led innovation. You will help build and evolve methodologies that help grow design and innovation capabilities. You will develop a scalable training system of modules, materials, and experiences that can be delivered in diverse situations to different audiences both by this team and trainers we train. You will also work cross-functionally to help product and project teams apply design thinking to real projects.
A critical component of this job is leadership and scale - beyond workshops or training modules, how will we enable 150,000+ people to change the way they work while maintaining a quality of practice. Our group is a startup within PepsiCo, and even within the Design Innovation Center. We’ll build from the ground up. Building relationships, influencing others, and strategically collaborating will be key.
This is a highly visible role across brands and businesses and will play a critical role in developing design-led innovation through design thinking across all of PepsiCo. You’ll work both within and outside the design organization with designers, researchers, marketers, mediate teams, learning and HR to cross-pollinate ideas, methods and approaches. You will need to effectively influence across all levels in the organization, regions and functions to get things done through formal and informal channels.
- You are an expert in design thinking and design-led innovation honed through a career of hands-on design work, facilitation, project leadership and organizational change initiatives
- You can captivate a room of opinionated executives with compelling stories, business cases, and hands-on experience with design thinking
- You lead through influence, empathy and relationships
- You have a portfolio of compelling and inventive education experiences both in and out of the classroom. You can articulate their impact
- You are an entrepreneur at heart, scrappy, hands-on and thrive in ambiguity. You’ve got grit.
- You are an experienced design practitioner with a specialty like design research, brand design, packaging, service, industrial, or user experience
- You make to learn
- You are driven to ignite the creativity in all people - and shape it into a well-honed innovation skill
- You are optimistic & curious. You focus on learning it all, not knowing it all
- You develop strategy AND you can execute it
- You are passionate about enacting change to improve the world and how we nourish ourselves
- You are always on the lookout for new opportunities you can bring back to the team
- You are quick on your feet, persuasive and articulate
- You dream of new approaches to creativity, design thinking, design methods, and collaboration
- 10+ years’ experience as a designer, design strategist or design researcher on innovation projects
- Minimum of 3 years (recent) in a strategic design thinking/innovation training role
- Portfolio of design thinking learning, facilitation and programs, including objectives, execution, and outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Engineering, and/or Business
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing required prescreens, including, but not limited to, drug and alcohol screening and motor vehicle reports
- Outstanding track record of public speaking, teaching, workshop development, and/or writing
- MBA, dMBA, MDes, MFA or other master’s degree in service design, design strategy, design innovation, design research
- A history of public speaking and compelling presentation and proposal skills
- Experience working inside a global Fortune 500 company or in a senior consulting role
- Participation in major design-led transformation initiatives
- Proven track record of strong leadership, team management skills and a strategic acumen
- Superior project management and design management skills; attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task, work in ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Must be willing and able to travel 30% of the time
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents.