PepsiCo Senior Manager, Global Design Innovation in New York City, New York
Auto req ID: 251613BR
Senior Manager, Global Design Innovation
Why PepsiCo Design?
At PepsiCo design, we have a saying: “We’re crazy enough to think we can inspire the future.” This is what drives us, in everything we imagine, develop and execute.
Our goal is clear: to connect PepsiCo’s beverage, snacks and food portfolios, with consumers hungry for meaningful, authentic and relevant brand and product experiences across multiple touch points and regions of the world.
Why Design Innovation?
Our mission is to drive the innovation agendas for PepsiCo’s Global brands and businesses to help it grow and transform beyond its core. We drive innovation by researching, defining, prototyping, learning and launching strategically aligned and commercially viable new products, services, retail experiences, brands and systems - while eating Cheetos. We challenge and seek to change how PepsiCo works to drive true business innovation with more sustainability and purpose.
We are a creatively driven team that leverages the power of Design Thinking to solve business problems that drive meaningful growth. We innovate with intent; to solve real problems, for real people, in the real world. We innovate to incite positive change - for people, brands, business and the world around us. We know what it takes to make ideas a reality and bring that into everything we do.
* Self-starting with entrepreneurial spirit
* Adept managing ambiguity
* Resilient with hustle
* Energized by challenges
* Always questioning & improving
* Optimistic & curious
* A creative multi-disciplinary fluid thinker who never gives up
* Someone who lives to bring your ideas to life
* Able to toggle between strategy & execution
* Empathetic to consumers and internal stakeholders
* Fluent in design and conversant on emerging design, sustainability, food, and nutrition trends
* Good at storytelling, visually & verbally
* Comfortable multitasking
* Passionate about enacting change to improve the world and how we nourish ourselves
* Reports to the Director, Global Design Innovation, the Senior Manager works in collaboration with others Design & Innovation team members to effectively develop and deliver design strategies and compelling designed experiences (brand, product, packaging, retail, merchandising) that have strategic business value.
* Seasoned Innovation & Design Thinking Practitioner
* The Design Innovation Senior Manager is responsible for the delivery of effective design thinking & innovation projects for PepsiCo’s businesses. Successful candidates will demonstrate superior ability to partner with teams in delivering strategies that can identify new opportunities, new products, and new experience that deliver against business goals.
* They understand how to translate those strategies into testable prototypes and evaluate them against desirability, feasibility, and viability. They are adept at managing highly complex assignments and concurrent initiatives across varied project types.
* They are comfortable managing the ambiguity inherent in design processes. The Senior Manager understands design methodologies (tools, techniques) and can provide input into design proposals (visions, scenarios) in order to execute against creative engagements and visualize the desired creative output.
* They understand and are expert at design thinking, which underpins all our engagements. They pollinate design thinking within the organization through practical design methodologies, solving complex branding problems and uncovering transformation opportunities to help brands get the most out of their design investments.
* Strategic Project Manager & Collaborator
* Working on projects that have critical business significance you will demonstrate the agility to lead strategy, planning, project management. You will be familiar with working in a multi-disciplinary environment, leading interdisciplinary teams.
* Partnering with the Design Innovation Director and working alongside the cross functional innovation team, they are expected to lead projects and engage with a variety of stakeholders to get input and assess options. They work across all aspects of strategic design development leading opportunity identification projects to design strategies for new brands or product opportunities. They will synthesize research and business needs to ensure identified opportunities & design strategies result in sustainable growth and returns for the business.
* Be a great team manager.
* Champion design thinking across the organization, educating while collaborating
* Draw on diverse perspectives to solve design problems and drive effective solutions
* Articulate design vision through prototyping, scenario modeling, strategic roadmaps, etc.
* Collaborate closely with researchers, marketers, media teams to cross-pollinate ideas, methods, and approaches
* Build and evolve methodologies, nurture the maturity of the design & innovation capabilities
* Provide mentorship and support the professional development to junior team members
* Work collaboratively to build relationships and get things done through formal and informal channels
* Proven ability to effectively incorporate research (including primary and secondary research) in strategic design processes
* 8+ years of experience, with a minimum of 6 years (recent) in a strategic design role
* Degree(s) in Product Design, Graphic Design, Architecture, Engineering, and/or Business
* Proven experience in Brand Strategy, Design Strategy, Innovation & Product Development.
* Proven track record of strong leadership, team management skills and a strategic acumen
* Superior project management and design management skills; attention to detail
* Compelling presentation and proposal skills
* Proven ability to multi-task, work in ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
* Must be willing and able to travel 20% of the time
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy