Acuity Brands Specification Sales Manager - New York City Job in New York City, New York
We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry. We take pride in our 12,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to lighting the way to a more brilliant, connected, and productive world. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.
About this Team
Excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team to create and maintain a strong sales and opportunity funnel for the New York City market. We are looking for a seasoned sales professional with existing relationships in the specification community.
How you will contribute:
Role & Responsibilities:
• Train agency personnel on our products & related technologies to stimulate sales growth.
• Participates with agency personnel in joint sales calls to specifiers, including architects, interior designers, lighting designers, engineers, design-build contractors to build a strong sales funnel.
• Work with National Accounts team to support large national level opportunities
• Engage with customer service partners to provide best in class service to our customer base (agents, distributors, contractors, specifiers, and end users.
• Promote products at trade shows and other industry-related meetings to increase our brand recognition.
• Build and manage territory opportunity funnel via Sales Force on a weekly basis.
• Effectively plan and execute on action plans to meet company objectives.
Qualified Applicants will have:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of proven successful sales experience in the construction/specification industry
• Valid Driver’s License
• Vehicle large enough to transport sales samples to meetings and sales calls
• Must live in or near a major city within the Northeast territory, preferably New York
• Solid organizational skills
• Skilled in written communications
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks
• Attention to detail
• Results oriented
• Must be able to exert up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and 10 pounds frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
*Travel is currently limited however we anticipate that increasing to 60%.
We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
Please utilize the internal career site to apply if you are a current employee at Acuity Brands.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click here (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf) and here (https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf) for more information.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities: As an equal opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may contact us at (770) 922-9000. Please clearly indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what requisition.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
- Acuity Brands Jobs