Mastercard Incorporated VP, Content Design & Strategy(R-137602) in New York City, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team - one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
VP, Content Design & Strategy
Digital Payments at Mastercard is leading the evolution of payment products from physical world to digital. We’re driving the design, definition & development of industry leading digital payment capabilities.
• Lead the strategy & implementation for content across Digital Payments products in partnership with the broader product development teams, customer care and marketing.
• Lead the creation of voice & tone for our digital products including B2C, B2B, B2B2C and Developer experiences.
• Drive end user engagement and adoption of our digital products through high quality content that contributes to a positive experience.
• Work with regional teams to ensure that content strategy extends into our local markets through internationalization (i18n) and localization (l10n) processes.
• Are you a seasoned content strategist who’s worked on transactional products across channels that are distributed globally?
• Have you demonstrated capabilities to define content strategy for cross channel experiences, including device based, adaptive/responsive and Internet of things?
• Are you comfortable in co-located working environments setup for rapid collaboration, using iterative product design methodologies such as Lean UX and Agile?
• Lead the definition of a comprehensive content strategy for consumer, customer and developer experiences for the range of digital payment offerings to best drive adoption and use
• Drive consistent and/or complementary messaging across the digital channel, including adaptive & responsive web, native device based, including wearables and Internet of things.
• Participate in user centered design activities for the broader product design lifecycle, including user research, usability and A/B/multivariate testing.
• Work closely with product management, development, implementation & customer care teams during the product development lifecycle to ensure high content quality.
• Create compelling presentations that excite internal stakeholders & executives, and help them understand our content strategy and it’s importance to our success in digital.
• Liaise with regional and country teams to ensure that content strategy scales to the diversity of needs for a global user base.
All About You
• The ideal candidate will be an expert in leading the content strategy of web and mobile experiences across products in a broader portfolio, from concept to execution.
• Demonstrated expertise working in complex, cross functional teams with strong influence, communication and partnership skills.
• Strong track record of experiences that have positive consumer feedback, adoption and engagement.
• Ability to synthesize feedback from multiple areas (usability testing, customer feedback, metrics, etc.) to drive continual improvements.
• Helps identify, coach and groom top talent and pro-actively develop talent across the broader experience design team.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact
and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf