Citigroup 2020 Commercial Banking Analyst Program in New York, New York
The Commercial Analyst role is an entry level position at Citi, the Analyst receives a foundation of knowledge and training required to contribute as a valuable resource in Citi. Analysts receive real-world work and add value to their teams during their time at Citi. Assignments focus on attaining core competencies in any of the following:
Company Research and Industry Analysis
Analyzing Financial Data and Financial Modeling
Interact with Several Partners
Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Prior work experience gained through summer internships, full-time work, and/or school activities
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, MS Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint are second nature
- Pursuing a Bachelor's/University Degree
Be a part of the work we do to enable progress around the globe
For the past 200 years at Citi, we have a drive to help clients move from ambition to achievement. Our company has been one of the foundational components of today’s modern financial infrastructure—this gives us a level of unmatched expertise in tackling the world’s most complex challenges and connecting across capabilities to enable lasting progress for our clients.
You’re the brains behind our work
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our program equips you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on the team and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Commercial Bank (“CCB”) is looking for Full Time Analysts to join our team. Our Commercial Banking division works with businesses with annual sales ranging from $10 million to more than $3 billion. As a member of the Commercial Banking team, your role would be to find ways for our clients to maximize their growth while taking full advantage of Citi’s banking products. That means knowing all about our deposit and lending, as well as our cash management, trade, FX and capital markets solutions. The Full Time Analyst Program strives to bring in the best and brightest, and to develop and train the next generation of commercial banking leaders globally.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed
The 30-month Full Time Analyst Program begins with an in-depth training program that includes Fitch training and in-resident Commercial Credit College. People learn differently, so we combine formal training with a complete hands-on experience to help you quickly ramp up and adapt to your role and the culture at Citi. There will be ongoing sales, product, technology, and professional skills training throughout the program. During the Program you would also be paired with mentors who would help you develop professionally.
Within the Citi Commercial Bank, there are two Commercial Analyst Program paths available for your consideration:
• Cash Management and Trade: Cash Management & Trade team members work with clients to understand their business strategy and their challenges in managing their global cash management. We bring insights & solutions to streamline, automate, and bring efficiency to companies’ global banking.
Our goal is help clients succeed by leveraging Citi’s global network and our award winning digital solutions, including electronic banking, payment, receivables & liquidity management solutions. You will work in either the Cash Management or Working Capital Solution Sales team, Product Management, or Pricing & Data Analytics team.
• Relationship Management: Coverage team members work with clients to deliver the full breadth of Citi’s solutions. One of the most critical needs of our clients is to fund ongoing operations and expand, both locally as well as overseas. Credit products, therefore are foundational solutions for our clients. Our Coverage team partners with our Commercial Lending Management (CLM) team to deliver these solutions. In their role, CLM manages the end-to-end commercial lending process, which includes secured and unsecured revolving lines of credit, term loans, syndicated loans, leveraged loans, cross-border loans approved locally and extended overseas through the CCB’s global network of 26 countries, and credit lines to support commercial cards, cash management solutions, and derivatives trading. CLM works closely with our Coverage teams in our Global & National Industries, Mid-Corporate, and Emerging Corporate Segments as an effective partner for our clients. The loan portfolio represents relationships across six industry verticals: Energy, Technology, Industrials, Branded Consumer, Agriculture, and Healthcare, plus our specialty credit product team, providing Asset Based Lending.
Your time here will look something like this
• Cash Management and Trade:
o Learning the foundations of cash management
o Understanding key cash management products, such as payables and receivables and digital banking channels
o Understanding key working capital solutions and trade products, such as supply chain finance, commercial card and letters of credit
o Creating and finalizing presentations and client-related decks
o Partnering with bankers to determine which solutions best fit client needs and how to propose them to clients
• Relationship Management:
o Understanding our target market, value proposition and client coverage model
o Learning how bankers interact with clients and how to identify their needs
o Learning about the various credit product types and how these solutions best fit client needs
o Supporting commercial loan underwriting including loan structuring and documentation
o Gaining exposure to the end-to-end credit process including new origination of credit and the monitoring of an assigned credit portfolio
o Understanding the importance of credit and financial due diligence in lending transactions by conducting industry research, financial statement analysis and modeling.
o Participating in legal documentation review
o Gaining exposure to the syndicated loan markets and the role of a syndication agent
• Interacting with internal partners including Business, Compliance, Legal, Marketing, Operations, Risk, and Technology, as well as engaging externally with clients, prospects, and centers of influence
• Becoming familiar with Citi credit and regulatory policies and procedures to assist team in achieving compliance with internal and external auditors
• Completing developmental assignments through project participation with working teams
We want to hear from you if
• You are a dynamic individual looking for an exciting career with opportunities for professional growth
• You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• You are on track to graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in any major in winter 2020 or spring 2021
• You have obtained a preferred GPA of 3.3 or above
• You can work with MS Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
• You are currently authorized to work in the United States with no restrictions; please note that we are unable to sponsor visas for this position
Who we think will be a great fit
If you are highly motivated and results-oriented, the Commercial Banking Program is a great step forward in your career. Extensive work experience is not a requirement, but dedication to learning and a true passion for commercial banking are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
• Ability to work both independently, as well as collaboratively as part of a team
• Organizational skills, a high degree of self-motivation, initiative, and leadership potential
• Ability to prepare deliverables for meetings with high profile clients and executives while exhibiting professionalism, maturity, and insight in interactions with clients
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
• Innovative and creative problem-solving ability
• Intellectual curiosity
• Cooperation and focus in achieving group and client objectives
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi (https://www.citigroup.com/citi/accessibility/application-accessibility.htm) .
View the "EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
View the EEO Policy Statement (http://citi.com/citi/diversity/assets/pdf/eeo_aa_policy.pdf) .
View the Pay Transparency Posting (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Citigroup Jobs