Emblem Health 2021 Virtual Summer Associate - Actuarial in New York, New York
2021 Virtual Summer Associate Program - Actuarial
Emblem Health is a health and wellness company that provides insurance plans, primary and specialty care, and wellness solutions. As one of the nations largest nonprofit health insurers, we serve more than 3 million people in the New York tristate area. EmblemHealths family of companies includes ConnectiCare, one of Connecticuts leading health plans; AdvantageCare Physicians, a primary and specialty medical group; and WellSpark, a digital wellness company.
Our mission is to create healthier futures for our customers and communities. If you want to be a part of a bigger story, if you want to make a difference in people lives and the communities around you, if you think healthcare matters to every one of us Join us!
Actuarial is accountable for rate filings for multiple segments (Commercial, Medicare, State Sponsored), and works closely with senior management and Finance to identify and explain drivers of financial performance. Actuarial sets monthly reserves (e.g., valuations) and works closely with Finance on other actuarially-determined items. Actuarial is also accountable for analyzing medical trends to determine drivers of trends, identifying initiatives to reduce medical expenses, and measuring value of Health Care Cost Containment Initiatives.
The Summer Associate Program provides opportunity for students to work alongside of senior leaders who are committed to growing, developing and empowering the next generation of healthcare leaders. The Actuarial Summer Associate will work on special projects designed by the business and participate in the following career development activities:
- An Introduction to the Health Care Industry
- Senior Leadership Power Networking Lunch
- Learning & Development Series
- Final Project Presentations to Senior Leaders
- 9-week paid program; Monday, June 7, 2021 to Friday, August 6, 2021
- Full-time; 40-hours per week
- Hourly rate of $30 per hour
- 100% virtual/remote
We are looking for candidates who are-
- Pursing an undergraduate or graduate degree in the healthcare Industry; rising undergraduate juniors/seniors preferred
- Strong academic performance, minimum GPA of 3.0 or above preferred
- Analytical, collaborative and strong communication skills
- Project management
- Requisition ID: 21065
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity