Emblem Health 2021 Virtual Summer Associate - Medical Analytics in New York, New York
2021 Virtual Summer Associate Program Medical Analytics
Emblem Health is a health and wellness company that provides insurance plans, primary and specialty care, and wellness solutions. As one of the nations largest nonprofit health insurers, we serve more than 3 million people in the New York tristate area. EmblemHealths family of companies includes ConnectiCare, one of Connecticuts leading health plans; AdvantageCare Physicians, a primary and specialty medical group; and WellSpark, a digital wellness company.
Our mission is to create healthier futures for our customers and communities. If you want to be a part of a bigger story, if you want to make a difference in people lives and the communities around you, if you think healthcare matters to every one of us Join us!
Medical Analytics focuses on the technologies and processes that measure, manage and analyze healthcare data. Using healthcare analytics properly enables us to make more effective and efficient operational and clinical decisions. We analyze current and historical industry data to predict trends, improve outreach and manage the spread of diseases. We also reveal paths to improvement in patient care quality, provider efficiency, clinical data, diagnosis, and business management.
The Summer Associate Program provides opportunity for students to work alongside of senior leaders who are committed to growing, developing and empowering the next generation of healthcare leaders. The Medical Analytics Summer Associate will work on special projects designed by the business and participate in the following career development activities:
- An Introduction to the Health Care Industry
- Senior Leadership Power Networking Lunch
- Learning & Development Series
- Final Project Presentations to Senior Leaders
- 9-week paid program; Monday, June 7, 2021 to Friday, August 6, 2021
- Full-time; 40-hours per week
- Hourly rate of $30 per hour
- 100% virtual/remote
We are looking for candidates who are-
- Pursing an undergraduate or graduate degree in the healthcare Industry; rising undergraduate juniors/seniors preferred
- Strong academic performance, minimum GPA of 3.0 or above preferred
- Analytical, collaborative and strong communication skills
- Project management
- Requisition ID: 21068
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity