Daniel J. Edelman, Inc. 2024 US Summer Internship Program in New York, New York
This role is open to be based from: New York, NY; Washington, DC; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX; Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA
Application deadline: Friday, March 15, 2024
Internship Program dates: Monday, June 10 - Friday, August 16, 2024
In the ever-changing arena of public relations, we're looking for creative and intelligent practitioners to join Edelman as an intern this summer! Designed to propel your career in public relations, integrated and digital marketing, we offer internships in a variety of specialties. In order to be considered, you must be a rising senior having completed your junior year of undergrad by the summer of 2024.
Our growing teams are the masterminds behind some of the world's most talked about work. Whether we're teaming up with RZA to replace an outdated and racist ice cream jingle, fighting for intersectional environmental justice with TAZO Tea, or creating a hotel for the world's most devoted Taco Bell fans, the work we create is designed to capture attention and get people talking. It's not enough to be culturally relevant-our briefs demand that we change culture around us.
Interns are selected to work in a specific area (Brand, Corporate, Health, Social Impact & Sustainability, Strategy & Planning, Social Strategy, Technology, Creative/Design, Financial Communications (Edelman Smithfield), and Influencer Marketing, among others) for the length of the program. In addition to receiving direct mentoring within your capability area, interns will have exposure to other areas of the business to enhance their professional and communication skills. Please note there will be separate applications for the following teams: Smithfield-Financial Communications, Creative/Design, Human Resources, and Data & Intelligence.
To land this gig, you need to have a passion for people and helping others solve problems. Our culture is what sets us apart from traditional ad agencies, and it's why so many stay with us awhile. At Edelman, our most valuable resource is you - our people - with a diversity of backgrounds, ideas, and smarts (with heart). We support one another, and encourage each other, and we're looking for individuals who want to contribute to our culture.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Drafting press releases, media lists, fact sheets, editorial content, and much more
- Learning the basics of your clients' business - i.e. product/service offerings, media targets, and competitors
- Monitoring client and competitor media coverage and drafting coverage recaps for your team
- Conducting social media monitoring and reporting
- Updating media lists and pitching media contacts, under the direction of a supervisor
- Staying up to date on industry news and trends
- Participating in team brainstorming sessions
- Assisting with the preparation of press kits for distribution
- Assisting with research projects and new business audits
- A passion for communications and PR
- Proven organization skills and the ability to adapt to new assignments, deadlines, and conditions quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - whether presenting to colleagues, drafting emails to clients, or participating in brainstorming sessions
- Strong research skills and a demonstrated ability to become a strong writer
- Developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of people across multiple accounts
- Basic understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- History of strong leadership skills through work experience and/or extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated creative thinker
- Familiar with the public relations, digital marketing, or communications discipline through past coursework, internships, or personal experiences
- Interns are paid $20/ hour and are expected to work a full-time schedule (40 hours/ week)
- The internship is a 10-week program beginning on Monday, June 10, 2024
- In order to be considered, you must be a rising senior having completed your junior year by the summer of 2024
- The internship program will be hybrid-approximately 3 days/week in office
- Edelman does not provide any form of housing reimbursement
- Only students who are authorized to work in the United States will be considered
- Failure to submit a complete application will result in ineligibility
In order to be considered, you must submit the following with your application:
- A resume of relevant work, education, and extra-curricular experiences
- A writing sample in 500 words or less in response to this prompt: Share a skill that you possess that would be most valuable to this role.
$20 - $20 an hour
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6, 000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age's 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report's 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor's Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Edelman is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage racially and ethnically diverse people, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, parents, individuals with disabilities and members of any and all protected classes to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Minimum Salary: 0.00 Maximum Salary: 0.00 Salary Unit: Yearly