Nature America, Inc Account Development Manager in New York, New York
Springer Nature opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals, platforms and technology solutions reach millions of people. For over 175 years our brands and imprints have been a trusted source of knowledge to these communities and today, more than ever, we see it as our responsibility to ensure that fundamental knowledge can be found, verified, understood and used by our communities enabling them to improve outcomes, make progress, and benefit the generations that follow.
Visit: [group.springernature.com](https:%20//group.springernature.com/gp/group) and follow [@SpringerNature](https:%20//twitter.com/SpringerNature)
The Account Development Manager (ADM) will be responsible for the management and activities associated with the after-sales/customer retention/growth initiatives maintained by the AD team, focused on key accounts, based in the US/Canada. This individual will also be tasked with overseeing the AD activities in specific areas and client sectors in the US/Canada region as determined by the Director. This position will maintain and manage team activities including customer engagement via in-person visits, virtual meetings, discovery audits, usage reviews, promotional activities, training, etc. This person will work directly with sales and marketing management with a focus on maintaining and growing territory usage data and triage reports throughout the region to ensure that usage analysis is consistently monitored and proactively approached through various internal tools/campaigns.
The ADM will also be responsible for the effective management of AD team promotional budgets, travel and expense reports and key deliverables including strategic planning and development/implementation. In addition, this person will also provide team leadership in the coordination, communication and definition of various AD activities across functional groups; track, analyze and communicate results; publish internal and external successes; develop co-marketing and co-branding partnerships via events and collateral.
In addition, the position will represent Springer Nature within the Americas market regarding customer facing activities that influence/affect the market and internal organization as a whole. Will work closely with other engagement marketing staff, content marketing staff, and licensing to distribute industry feedback and to generate communication opportunities to the market.
**Account Development Responsibilities focused on key accounts: **
- Help develop and implement an AD toolkit to promote usage and brand awareness for different products as needed by client sector.
- Share AD tools and techniques developed for the US/Canada region with fellow AD staff worldwide.
- Provide pre and post-sales customer support for products and deliver pertinent feedback to licensing and marketing management. Product trial management and onboarding responsibilities are integral to AD Management.
- Help to develop client support documents and conduct customer focused orientation programs to promote customer satisfaction and usage resulting in renewal and revenue growth.
- Oversee and prepare an annual AD plan for assigned territory in conjunction with licensing.
- Monitor usage statistics for assigned territory and client sectors to evaluate strategies to increase value.
- Participate in national and regional exhibits in an effort to increase the visibility and thought leadership of the company in the marketplace.
- Participate in customer engagement programs such as summits, executive sponsor programs, road shows, account reviews and product/implementation training.
- Participate in AD, Engagement Marketing, Licensing and other internal meetings when requested.
- Other ad hoc projects and duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent plusthree years minimum experience in marketing, licensing or some aspect of publishing, including substantive background in services to the library marketplace.
- Mustpossess excellent grammar and English skills, be creative, and use self-initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with other functional groups and gain cooperation from others.
- Ability to know who the customer is, how to sell and demonstrate our products and must be similarly capable of training others on the products.
- Must be detail and completion oriented, and able to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Motivated to become a company expert in how the library market works and must either possess or be eager to obtain the required knowledge.
- Must use independent judgment to modify procedures to solve problems.
- Strong writing, presenting, and analytical skills required.
- Up to 40% travel required, negotiable with Director as circumstances allow.
If you are an internal applicant please inform your line manager.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD& D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature isan Equal Opportunity Employer that complieswith the laws and regulations set forth in the following Equal Employment Opportunity IsThe Law poster: [http: //www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf](http:%20//www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf).
Visitthe Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at[www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs](http:%20//www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs "http: //www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs")for more information about ourResearch E& P career opportunities.
*At Springer Nature we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.*
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity