ARAMARK Account Manager- Procurement Specialist- Avendra Hospitality- Remote in New York, New York
A successful candidate will be an experienced and seasoned sales professional with property-based account management/service experience. This role is a territory-based “sales to service” role with the primary focus on selling, implementing and servicing new lodging properties and independent restaurants using Avendra. Candidates are expected to showcase keen business development skills to determine client needs, business goals and financial objectives and align them to the various benefits offered by Avendra’s programs. The Procurement Specialist will offer comprehensive solutions to hotels and restaurants, and successfully communicate the advantages of a relationship with Avendra versus self-operating or alignment with a competitor in this market segment. This role may start with one or more existing Avendra customers to service within their designated territory.
Sign, Implement and Service New Hotels and Restaurants
• Target, prospect, sell, sign and launch new Avendra Customers.
• Prospect/client engagement from contact through strategy, proposal, savings/results presentation and successful conclusion via signing of a new Avendra SCSA Value Agreement.
• Demonstrate ownership of the customer relationship.
• Create a competitive differential by building key relationships at each assigned customer unit, fostering trust of Avendra’s supply chain expertise and providing best-in-class onsite and remote service as needed.
• Follow the steps of the Avendra “sales process” utilizing all required forms, tools, eRM system, historical savings metrics, analytical resources and Avendra reports.
• Drive strong adoption of Avendra suppliers within the Avendra GPO program bundles committed to by the customer. Be an advocate for customers to fully utilize myAvendra to maximize mutually beneficial success.
Customer-Focused Sales Acumen
• Research prospect and clients within the designated territory, including an analysis of client goals and objectives.
• Develop insights that teach prospect new approaches to reach their goals through purchasing optimization and the implementation of best practices and recommendations.
• Schedule business reviews with Avendra Customers (in person and via viedo) that address client objectives and generate two-way collaboration to maximize incremental opportunities for supplier usage. Each customer should receive 2-4 business reviews annually.
• Build results-focused relationships with assigned customers. Set annual goals that align with Avendra’s spend/revenue growth goals and celebrate success with customers.
• Use market knowledge of competitive environment and market trend to develop account strategies and to continuously improve our benefits presentation and customer success.
• Build specific sales strategies for customer retention efforts: goals, competitive position, client relations and actions to ensure retention of client accounts.
• Align Avendra’s sales process to prospects buying process and maintain momentum that result in an executed SCSA and successful client launch.
• Utilize regional and national supplier resources to help "push the envelope" toward market share gain and customer growth and satisfaction.
• Develop and introduce tools and techniques for improved efficiency and effectiveness to drive higher returns for Avendra and our customers.
Other Attributes for Success
• Network pro-actively using traditional and social media methodologies to build high, wide and deep relationships in target accounts.
• Pro-actively manage territory by developing territory plans that identify a pipeline of active sales opportunities to meet current new sales and future customer retention objectives.
• Research, identify, qualify and target vertical opportunities.
• Stay within the defined assigned territory. If non-territory opportunities present themselves collaborate with the Senior Director, Purchasing Consultants for how to proceed or not.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of 5 years strategic selling experience required.
• Sales and/or operational leadership experience in the lodging or hospitality industry preferred.
• Strong proficiency with all MS Office applications and mainstream online tools and the ability to access, manage and analyze data to create actionable customer improvements.
• Demonstrated experience in the ability to think, plan and sell and service customers strategically.
• Must possess a consultative, customer-centric “customer advisor” philosophy.
• Demonstrated experience in the ability to build alliances and influence key decision makers both internally and externally without formal authority.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Efficient organizational skills (time/territory management) a must.
• Overnight travel up to 35% required which includes prospect and customer visits, industry conferences and Avendra team events or meetings.
This is a remote work-from-home role with travel to customer locations. Employees should reside within the territory.
Territories include: South Florida, New York City, Los Angeles, CA, Chicago, IL, and Houston, TX
• Flexible work arrangements
• Paid Time Off (PTO), Vacation, nine (9) paid holidays
• Volunteer days, community partnerships, Employee Assistance Program
• Your choice of three medical plans, two carriers to choose from & My Healthy Changes well-being program
• Adoption Assistance & Paid Parental Leave
• Tuition Funding Sources and Scholarship Programs
• Retirement plan with match on annual contributions
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter .
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance ordinance.
- ARAMARK Jobs