Nature America, Inc Account Specialist in New York, New York
Springer Nature opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals, platforms and technology solutions reach millions of people. For over 175 years our brands and imprints have been a trusted source of knowledge to these communities and today, more than ever, we see it as our responsibility to ensure that fundamental knowledge can be found, verified, understood and used by our communities enabling them to improve outcomes, make progress, and benefit the generations that follow.
Visit: [group.springernature.com](https:%20//group.springernature.com/gp/group) and follow [@SpringerNature](https:%20//twitter.com/SpringerNature)
The Account Specialist has a commanding role within the company and collaborates with customers, the sales team, and other internal stakeholders in the accurate preparation of contracts for online research and educational products. The outcome is to deliver world class service to both internal and external customers. The Account Specialist role is empowered through professional and personal development training.
- Prepare renewals and planning (i.e. calculate journals licenses, calculate eBook quotes) while managing and updating renewal tracking tool for reporting and guidance to Sales Team (i.e. report on renewal status, workflows)
- Prepare (in CRM/ERP system) the quote and contract to trigger invoicing
- Be the first point of contact for our customers with regards to contract execution
- Coordinate all customer correspondence and agreements within assigned international region
- Proactively communicate with customer, align new contract terms & agreed fees and obtain the customer signed license
- Manage customer requests in the assigned international region and provide assistance on daily operations (i.e. engage with customers in order to enhance customer data quality, answer questions connected to contract data, or invoicing data)
- Stay in close contact with subscription agents to pursue deals (i.e. to obtain purchase orders, solve order queries, provide journal title lists for invoicing from agent to end customer)
- Provide feedback to improve sales and support workflows (in systems) to work more effective and efficient
- Have excellent knowledge of (SAP) CRM system and safeguard data quality in CRM
- Monitor and improve performance on key indicators
- Generate reports and analysis on renewal sales progress for assigned region
- Active participation in stakeholder and team meetings aimed at continuous improvement of customer satisfaction
- Collaborate and provide organizational support to the Account Managers and Sales Directors
**Qualifications & Experience: **
- Degree level with commercial interest
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in using multiple systems
- Good computer skills, Proficiency with MS-Office-Suite, particularly MS Excel
- Knowledge of (SAP) CRM (customer relationship management) & contracting system
- Willingness to train on and work with other in-house data tools
- Time and Project management experience
If you are an internal applicant please inform your line manager.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
\- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD& D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature isan Equal Opportunity Employer that complieswith the laws and regulations set forth in the following Equal Employment Opportunity IsThe Law poster:
Visitthe Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at[www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs](http:%20//www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs "http: //www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs")for more information about ourResearch E& P career opportunities.
At Springer Nature we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity