Kaplow PR Account Supervisor, Influencer Marketing & Social Media in New York, New York
An award-winning, holistic communications agency dedicated to cultivating brand identities, Kaplow partners with our clients to exceed their objectives. For more than 25 years, Kaplow has helped consumers fall in love with brands. We do this by garnering unique insight into our clients’ audiences, and then creating an emotional connection between consumer and brand through storytelling across traditional and digital channels. The result is a connection that changes the conversation and activates new behaviors.
Kaplow is looking for an Account Supervisor to lead influencer and social media strategy for several of the company’s beauty and lifestyle accounts. An Account Supervisor is an account manager, responsible for the daily account, client and influencer program management on one or more accounts. The AS position is an introduction to management: management of the program, management of the client and management of any supporting team members. An AS is involved with program planning and budgeting, responsible for efficiently managing client influencer business and expectations and is held accountable for meeting client business objectives.
POSITION REPORTS TO:
Account Director level and above
An Account Supervisor should have mastered all of the position requirements of a Senior Account Executive plus:
• Six plus years of influencer marketing/social media experience
• Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, business or related discipline
• Solid leadership skills that inspire the confidence of supervisors, clients, direct reports and colleagues
• Presentation skills including the ability to comfortably participate in client meetings
• Flexibility and stamina to manage a range of internal and external situations
• Self-motivated attitude with a strong drive for excellence
• Solid understanding of the ever-changing influencer marketing and social media landscape
• Established relationships with industry partners (influencer platforms, networks and management agencies), influencers and content creators
• Hands-on experience with social media tools/technology
• Superior negotiation skills
• Strong understanding of influencer partnership contracting
• Deep creator relationships and a proven track record of earned influencer executions
• Passion for beauty and experience working with beauty and lifestyle clients
• Client Management
o Act as principle client contact for influencer executions.
o Provide client with informed and insightful counsel.
o Proactively trouble-shoot and communicate all client/program/digital issues with senior team lead and client.
o Assertively address influencer program measurement, objectives and achievement throughout program execution.
• Strategy Development and Influencer Relations
o Set and execute results-driven influencer activations in alignment with client objectives; Pivot strategies as needed.
o Draft program (influencer and/or social media) recommendations for existing clients.
o Develop reasonable timelines and proactively project manage influencer activations.
o Regularly research and seek understanding of new social media platforms and influencer landscape trends.
o Draft influencer communications, tip sheets, contracts, content briefs, client memos and other materials with little to no editing from supervisors.
o Establish and build strong relationships with influencers and content creators relevant to beauty, lifestyle client needs.
o Co-create breakthrough influencer content that drives consumer action.
o Consistently secure earned influencer mentions through product seeding, event opportunities and brand experiences.
o Contribute to the development of comprehensive influencer recommendations; inclusive of strategy, creative execution, amplification ideas and KPI’s.
o Develop strategic influencer criteria and lead influencer identification efforts
o Maintain relationships with influencer agents, managers and vendor partners.
o Finalize content briefs and oversee creative calls.
o Integrate influencer work into clients’ social strategy.
o Manage influencer expenses and budget.
o Experience with Creator IQ and other social tools a plus.
• Performance Management and Staff Development
o Meet and communicate with supervisors on a regular basis to ensure that coaching, prioritization, problem-solving and resource needs are being met.
o Demonstrate an understanding of budget management.
o Attend agency trainings on influencer marketing.
o Seek out educational opportunities (conferences, trainings and webinars) to expand influencer marketing knowledge.
o Mentor and educate others at the agency on influencer marketing.
o Schedule, lead and participate in agency-hosted influencer meet & greets.
• New Business Development
o Keep current on what is happening in the overall influencer/PR industry via regular monitoring of industry trade media, identifying key marketplace advancements for clients and opportunities for growth for the agency.
o As needed, participate in new business and program development activities.
• Administrative and Report Writing
o Draft and compile client updates, influencer performance reports, measurement recaps, etc.
o Develop and maintain budget trackers and reports.
o Run meetings related to influencer programming.
The firm offers comprehensive benefits, including:
• Generous paid time off (30+ days)
• Summer schedule
• Paid lunches
• Medical, dental, vision, commuter, and fitness benefits
• Retirement plan (including an employer match)
• Paid parental leave
• Nondiscretionary bonuses