Sun Communities, Inc. Activities Supervisor in New York, New York
Jellystone at Birchwood Acres (JBA)
Do you enjoy planning events? Are you looking for a dynamic and growing organization that will both challenge and reward you? Join our team at Sun RV Resorts and embark on an exciting new opportunity! We are looking for an **Activities Supervisor** to plan and coordinate a variety of activities for the RV resort. They also supervise and oversee individual Activities department team members.
1. Coordinates team member selection, training, scheduling and development and ensures all team members comply with appropriate policies and procedures.
2. Plans, coordinates, attends, and supervises all activities such as picnics, sporting events, dances, and dinners.
3. Produces a calendar of events for the next calendar season while staying within expectations. Prepares monthly and annual budgets.
4. Maintains a balance sheet for each activity or event.
5. Reviews, approves, documents and submits all invoices for payment.
6. Maintains adequate office and activity supply inventories.
7. Prepares weekly newsletter and distributes to resort residents and guests.
8. Answers the telephone courteously; handles routine questions regarding activities.
9. Prepares end-of-month and other reports as requested by RV Resort Manager.
10. Markets events within or outside the resort to ensure success.
11. Prepares food for small events and collaborates with a caterer for larger events.
12. Other duties as assigned.
- High School Education (some HS education required)
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Ability to work well with others inside as well as outside the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to negotiate prices/contracts on behalf of the resort
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Basic computer proficiency including the ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite, email, and internet
- Flexibility to work events during non-business hours
At Sun RV Resorts, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with an award-winning work environment and awesome perks!
- Paid sick leave
- Online access to view and update personal information, review paystubs, annual W2s, and more
- Participation in company-wide SunRewards program
- Team Member Perks & Benefits Program with hundreds of discounts on things like mobile phone service, travel, retail, and more
- Access to hundreds of online learning modules via Sun University
- Vacation RV site rent discounts at SunRV Resorts nationwide