YMCA of Greater New York Administrative Assistant (Chinatown YMCA) in New York, New York
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Chinatown YMCA Beacon Center is seeking an Administrative Assistant who will provide administrative support to Program Director, including the management of supply needs, translation of documents, parent communication, communication with other departments, and data entry related to attendance, evaluation. The Administrative Assistant will provide excellent customer-friendly and courteous service to guests and program participants and will process program participant information in AS400, DYCD, and other data entry for the Hester site accurately.
• Assist with filing and organize applications, register in AS400, DYCD Connect, Youth Services and enter attendance for participants as needed.
• Greet potential employees and volunteers in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner.
• Document all the participants in weekly basis from YMCA protocols and DYCD policies and guidelines.
• Manage all youth and family data needed in weekly basis.
• Make purchases per YMCA protocols.
• Manage and maintain AS400 and provide support in table file management.
• Update and maintain all necessary lists, logs and information associated with the Afterschool Program and Summer Camp.
• Assist Program Leadership staff as Manager on Duty for the Hester site.
• Assist other departments as needed
• Uphold all Association Policies/ Demonstrate core values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
• Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
• Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
• Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Associate degree and experience in related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• One (1) to three (3) years of administrative experience and experience working with staff and volunteers.
• Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
• Excellent interpersonal communication - written and oral, project management and organizational skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
YMCA OF GREATER NEW YORK | Where there's a Y, there’s a way.