Coach Inc Allocator in New York, New York
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Primary Purpose: The Allocator is responsible for effectively managing inventory levels to support Coach s overall North American Outlet sales and inventory plans. The Allocation team is highly collaborative and partners closely with a variety of cross functional teams. This is a great opportunity for an individual with outstanding analytical and communication skills, who is strategic, motivated and systems-savvy.
The successful individual will
* Allocate, analyze and manage inventory levels at both distribution and store levels by effectively utilizing appropriate strategies to impact the financial success of selected departments.
* Compile weekly reporting and develop thorough knowledge of store, district, and regional level performance through extensive data analysis
* Collaborate and partner closely with Buyers on distribution strategies to drive sales, gross margin, and mitigate any inventory risk in season.
* Work with cross functional partners to manage inventory, identify issues and recommend solutions regarding each floorset launch
* Create multi-level quarterly investment strategy with recommendations based on historical performance to influence future buys
* Manage and recommend replenishment inventory quantities, monthly shipment reflows by department and DC shipment plans.
* Manage inventory positioning for E-commerce website
* Coordinate communication to CFT & field on product availability, transfers, consolidations and re-ticketing
* Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency and accuracy of information, share best practices and maximize systems knowledge.
The accomplished individual will possess...
* Bachelor s degree required.
* 1-2 years of analytical experience preferred.
* Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel preferred.
* Knowledge of JDA/SAP preferred
* Strong strategic thinking and outstanding analytical/quantitative skills with ability to manage large amounts of data.
* Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize and adapt to fast-paced, dynamic business environment.
* Excellent listening, communication and presentation skills; ability to effectively interact with team members and cross functional and field partners at all levels.
Our Competencies for All Employees
* Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
* Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
* Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
* Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
* Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn t upset when things are up in the air; doesn t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
* Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
* Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
* Managerial Courage: Doesn t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant s or employee s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-JV1 Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Employer's Job# 618836900
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.