Marsh & McLennan Cos Analyst II - Reinsurance Actuaries in New York, New York
Guy Carpenter North American Reinsurance Actuaries team is looking for an Analyst II to join our dynamic organization. We are flexible with the candidate located in one of the following locations: Philadelphia, Morristown or New York.
Analyst II - Reinsurance Actuaries
What is in it for you?
- A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business
- Competitive pay, full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND automatic contribution
- Generous Parental Leave and Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous paid time off for vacation, sick, company holidays and time to give back to your community
- Employee Resource Groups, which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
We will count on you to:
- Organizes client data, checks data for reasonability, loads data into predictive models, runs the models and shares output with senior actuaries to help determine client's degree of risk.
- Performs basic calculations with client data to assess a range of risk exposures and predict outcomes for clients in support of reinsurance transaction process.
- Collects and analyzes industry data and updates the trending process in the predictive models to support advisory work.
- Conducts research on industry/regulatory developments that affect loss liabilities to determine the impact on clients.
- Keeps teams updated on industry-specific and specialty related trends that may affect reinsurance programs/calculations.
- Performs simple calculations using the MetaRisk model to help assess outcomes for clients.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 1-2 actuarial exams required.
- Proficiency in MS Excel with skills in other MS Office products and coding R, Python and SQL a plus.
- 0-3 years' experience in insurance, actuarial science or related technical industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good client, reinsurer and internal relationships.
- Good ability to be organized and pay attention to detail.
- Good verbal and writing skills for complex communications with clients, markets and GC colleagues at many levels.
- Good ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency etc.
- Strong academic record in major and summer internship or other work experience.
- Good problem solving skills and financial aptitude.
- General knowledge of business principles and industry trends.
- Good computer skills for using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and Lotus Notes.
What makes you stand out:
- Visualization software experience highly preferred.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With over 2,300 professionals in more than 50 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve for a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.guycarpenter.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.