Ross Stores, Inc. Analyst, Merchant Support Operations in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
About this opportunity
The Analyst, Merchant Support Operations, will assist with maintenance of key department documents and reporting. Work closely with Merchant Support (MSA) Leadership team to transform data into critical information and knowledge. This data can be used to help MSA and Merchant Leadership understand how the service is working and identify any patterns in Purchase Order and Markdown service levels. Work with teams to build dashboards, data visualization tools and reporting insights to directly impact the business. Perform data analysis using disparate sources of information to report on key metrics and health of the business.
- Use Excel tools to produce MSA team reports for all levels of the organization. Analyze data to identify trends and root causes in merchant and MSA controlled processes. Summarize and prepare findings for both executive and operational team use.
- Perform ad hoc data pulls and analysis to solve one-off data inquiries. This includes using existing reporting tools (e.g. RDW ) as well as learning potentially new tools.
- Support the business in understanding and assessing new tools and reporting needs for the MSA team. This includes determining ways to improve existing tools and reports, create job aides to support report use, and provide ideas for what new insights and analytics are needed.
- Identify opportunities to improve the end-to-end reporting process. Look for ways to improve the speed and quality that information is pulled and delivered. Partner with the Sr. Manager to implement changes, as needed.
Who you are
- You have a bachelor's degree.
- You have 3+ years' work experience.
- You are highly effective in verbal and written communication.
- You have strong analytical and PC skills, emphasizing training documentation.
- You have experience with successfully implementing, driving, improving, and maintaining processes.
- You are organized and detail-oriented to ensure accuracy.
- You can demonstrate decision-making ability and a sense of urgency, the ability to deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines, and rapidly changing priorities.
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us