Persistent Systems LLC Assembly Intern (Summer 2024) in New York, New York
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Production Intern to join our team of electromechanical assembly technicians at our New York City headquarters who are responsible for all final assembly of our industry-leading Wave Relay products. A successful Intern will gain exposure to all areas of the assembly process, as well as support the quality and safety standards of the company's products. As a Production Intern, you will be responsible for turning the company's ideas into finished products for our customers. The Production Intern position will occur during the Summer of 2024.
- Kitting and prepping electromechanical components for assembly
- Verifying pick lists of raw materials delivered to the production floor
- Assisting in cycle counting components
- Performing various assembly tasks in support of our production processes
- Assisting with testing, evaluation, and Final QC of our products
- Providing recommendations for process improvements
Job Qualifications & Experience
- Trade, Tech, or Vocational school or equivalent
- Position requires strong manual dexterity, including both gross and fine manipulation; ability to assemble products by hand
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of computer software, including word processing, internet, and email
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Must have a United States security clearance or the ability to obtain a United States security clearance
- Experience with electronics assembly, soldering, and torque-controlled devices
- Experience with root-cause analysis and troubleshooting
The base pay for this role can vary from $18 to $20 an hour based on individual qualifications. Eligible for sales incentive compensation plan. Persistent Systems, LLC offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; paid time off (sick time and vacation time); flexible spending accounts; 401(k) plan with company match; fitness membership reimbursement; tuition assistance; mental health benefits; and pet discounts.
Headquartered in New York City since 2007, Persistent Systems, LLC is a global communications technology company which develops, manufactures, and integrates a patented and secure Mobile Ad Hoc Networking (MANET) system: Wave Relay. The company's industry leading R& D team has designed wireless networking protocols to support their cutting-edge Wave Relay system and technology. Wave Relay can run data, video, voice and other applications under the most difficult and unpredictable conditions. Their suite of products is field proven and utilized in Commercial, Military, Government, Industrial, Agriculture, Robotics, and Unmanned System markets.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Minimum Salary: 0.00 Maximum Salary: 0.00 Salary Unit: Yearly