Ross Stores, Inc. Assistant Buyer I in New York, New York
ASSISTANT BUYER I
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® (“Ross”), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
At Ross you will find:
• A career that fits you
• Amazing culture and people
• Big company with a family feeling
• Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
The Assistant Buyer I is responsible for assisting the buying team in advancing the business while developing merchant skills, learning key business processes, and providing operational support to their Buyer.
- Performs the administrative functions supporting the buying team, including purchase order management while building foundational merchant skills.
- Provides basic analysis of key business data and reporting as directed by their Buyer including the monitoring of regional merchandise reports, Open-To-Buy, stock analysis and other ad hoc reports.
- Develops effective relationships with vendors and appropriately interacts with them to follow up on open business issues as directed by their Buyer.
- Begins to effectively utilize the merchandising systems and understand warehouse process.
- Develops and demonstrates basic product knowledge through sharing information with Buyer as a result of competitive shopping, shopping Ross Stores, and the market.
- Ensures timely delivery of merchandise through communication with Buyer, merchant teams, and external vendors.
- Supports Buyers in preparation of key business meetings (i.e. vendor appointments, style-outs, assortment planning).
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong retail math skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Highly effective written and verbal communication
- Strong PC/Microsoft Office skills, with an emphasis on Excel spreadsheet application