Coach Inc Assistant Buyer, Men's, Coach Outlet in New York, New York
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Job Title: Assistant Buyer, Men\'s Coach Outlet / New York, NY
Primary Purpose: The Assistant Buyer will assist the Buying Manager in planning, forecasting, pricing and ad-hoc reporting for the Outlet Men s category. This is a great opportunity for an individual with outstanding analytical and communication skills, who is strategic and operational.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Buying/Planning to...
* Influence category assortments by analyzing product performance, customer feedback, consumer trend, competitive landscape and local market knowledge to global merchants/design
* Assists Buying Manager during the OTB process to meet financial targets and productivity metrics at the SKU level for performance, sales, inventory, receipt and margin goals
* Participate in quarterly buy reviews with input from hindsight analysis.
* Manage SKU lifecycle from adoption to delete, react to in season sales to determine go forward strategy
* Run weekly sales analysis, organize and distribute reports, and participate in sales meetings
* Build and maintain assortment tools and sku counts
* Partner with Marketing, Product Knowledge, Visual Merchandising and Store Operations teams to create synergies among all consumer touch points
* Work closely with Inventory Management and Allocation to ensure that distributions meet turn goals, support marketing calendar and maximize profitability
* Partner with field team to solicit qualitative feedback on product, customers, store environments & competition
The accomplished individual will possess...
* BA or BS degree or at least 1-3 years of Buying and/or Planning experience recommended
* Strong product sensibility
* Advanced working knowledge of Excel and a Planning system
* Strong strategic thinking and outstanding analytical/quantitative skills
* Excellent team working skills with the ability to manage cross-functional relationships across multiple levels; must work collaboratively to drive sales results
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Highly organized and proactive with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
Our Competencies for All Employees
* Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
* Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
* Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
* Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
* Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn t upset when things are up in the air; doesn t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
* Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
* Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
* Managerial Courage: Doesn t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant s or employee s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-JG1 Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Employer's Job# 618629300
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.