Dewberry Assistant Department Manager Civil, Bridge and Highway in New York, New York
# of Openings
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call Dewberry at Work, that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry has an opportunity for an experienced Assistant Department Manager to help lead the Civil Highway design team in our New York City, NY office. This individual will work underneath the Group Leader for Infrastructure Design and the Civil Department Manager to lead a team of 15-20 engineers who provide professional services to numerous public agencies, running the office s practice in highway, street, utilities and site civil design. He/She will also be responsible for conducting aggressive and targeted business development activities to grow the department, winning more projects of increasing scale, and to act as a Project Manager or Design Manager for large or complex projects that require seasoned management skills. Typical projects in the department involve city, state and regional clients in the transportation and transit market segments. The selected individual will be heavily involved in staff professional development, growth, retention and recruiting, quality management, project management practices, and significantly contribute to sales and revenue generation of the branch s various infrastructure practices. He/She should expect to act as client manager of a public agency. This individual should be suited to take on the role of Department Manager within a year.
* Assist the Department Manager is providing direction, guide, and inspiration to a staff of 15-20 project managers, engineers, and technicians.
* Successfully perform as Project Manager or, in a design build procurement, as Design Manager of large, complex jobs.
* Partake in actions to recruit, retain, develop and grow individual practitioners and teams.
* Staff project management teams with the right number and type of skill sets to contribute to successful delivery.
* Collaborate proactively and productively with other groups and company offices across the Northeast.
* Conduct business development activities and opportunity capture planning, proposal writing and oversight; expected to immediately lead a client team for a NYC or NY State infrastructure client.
* Responsible for operations that lead to meeting revenue and profit goals.
* Actively contribute to the Civil Highway quality management program.
REQUIRED SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
* BS in Engineering with 15+ years of highway engineering and project management
* Demonstrated project management success for sizeable project for the following agencies: NYCDOT, NYCDDC, NYCEDC, NYSDOT, MTA Bridges and Tunnels (TBTA) or PANYNJ
* MS Degree in Civil is desirable
* Professional Engineer in NY
* Professional Engineer in NJ is desirable
* Design Build experience is highly desired
* Connections with NYCDOT, NYSDOT, NYCDDC and MTA agency capital project and program manager
* Experience writing winning proposals and leading successful client presentations for New York clients
* Strong interpersonal and effective leadership skills
* Proficiency using transportation design software preferred by NYC and NYS agencies
* Local travel will be required
* Driving is a requirement of the position. A clean driving record is required
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Employer's Job# 7804
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.