EXPRESS Assistant Designer - Women's Denim and Casual Pants in New York, New York
The Brand that Gets You to What’s Next
Express is the vibrant, confident lifestyle brand for ambitious people, providing the latest fashion for style-obsessed men and women since 1980. Our mission is to provide inspiration and confidence through fashion to help people get to what's next in their day, and their lives. With more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Latin America, and a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com, Express brings city-inspired style to customers across the globe.
A Workplace To Match
We think you'll like it here.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, and casual work environment. Working at Express is much more than the 9 to 5. It is an opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest individuals in the fashion business doing work they are passionate about. This is the Express Life and we’re always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team; if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
• Assists and supports Design team in development and innovation of ideas and trends that support Express brand.
• Participate in research and development of seasonal trends (Runway, Magazines, Style blogs, ect).
• Assists in shopping retail and designer markets to seek new & innovative ideas.
• Assists in product development at all stages under guidance of Senior Designers.
• Assists the Designer in sketching & developing to the product category he / she is assigned to.
• Creates flat technical Illustrator sketches for Design development tech packs.
• Creates Design development tech pack components accurately. Modifies and updates information as necessary throughout development cycle.
• Participate and attend all fittings until approved fit. Take detailed notes and follow up as needed.
• Organizes and updates Design sketch boards for use and reference at all times.
• Maintain all current design information: color, prints, trims, reference tears, ect.
• Help maintain organizational support to the team. Document and preserve all illustrations, design layouts, and design development information for future reference.
• Prepare line and presentation materials for weekly and milestone meetings: line sheets, print boards, fabric boards, sketch boards, research boards, and garment samples.
• Provide support to sr. designer/designer during design-driven meetings—take accurate notes, help dress model, provide tech pack details as needed
• Communicate(s) on daily basis with cross-functional teams & overseas offices to assist in workload and deliverables.
• Work with greater design team in other categories to support larger design direction goals & objectives.
• Adheres to seasonal time and action calendar to meet all deliverables
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Apparel Design
• Experience: 0 – 2 years
• Eye for “Express” brand. Excellent design and sketching skills. Strong fashion and creative ability. Keen trend awareness.
• Strong organizational skills & ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to anticipate next.
• Ability to work well with multiple team members: Positive Team player attitude.
• Sense of accountability and strong work ethic.
• Punctuality & dependable attendance.
• Proficiency in: WebPDM, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Windows (Outlook / Word / Excel).
•Internship in Fashion Design
**Please be sure to include a link to your portfolio or examples of your work to review with your resume.
Diversity Vision Statement
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. We are an equal employment opportunity of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination based on their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.
Requisition ID: 2020-7244
Street: Express - New York