Hearst Communications, Inc. Assistant Fashion Market Editor, Men's Health in New York, New York
**Why Hearst Magazines?**
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harpers BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Oprah Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But were more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channelsprint, digital, video, and socialwith sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
**Your impact: **
Mens Health seeks an enthusiastic, detail-minded, and creative assistant fashion market editor with great ability to juggle fashion, fitness, and high-concept content stories. The assistant fashion market editor, working with the fashion director, will contribute to the brands fashion, fitness, feature, video, and cover style coverage. This role will be responsible for overseeing the fashion closet, keeping samples well organized, as well as handling the fashion credits, doing seasonal market appointments, and meeting in-house with relevant brands for timely product inclusion in fashion content. Experience with and passion for the menswear market is key to this role.
**Please note that for consideration, resumes must be submitted in .pdf format with a cover letter and salary requirements. This role will be based in our offices in New York City.**
**What youll do: **
- Responsible for ongoing fashion closet organization and maintenance, including handling seasonal orders for supplies, shoes, sneakers, socks, and relevant accessories
- Oversee daily fashion closet sample activity, both incoming and outgoing
- Execute and assist sample call-ins for various fashion, cover, feature, fitness, and video stories
- Attend seasonal market appointments and presentations to scout for ideas
- Obtain all fashion credits from respective brands, as well as flawlessly input final credit placements for print, video, and digital formats
- Organize and prepare for story run-throughs
- Unpack, pack, and facilitate shipping of style samples
- Uphold relationships with key brands in facilitating ongoing market pulls for print, video, and digital
- Coordinate the fashion schedule as relevant for seasonal market/show appointments
- Help share final print, digital, and/or video content with included fashion/apparel brands for awareness, exposure, and continuing strong brand relationships
- Assist and contribute on-set with shoots, as needed
**Who you are: **
- A year of editorial experience in the menswear market
- Knowledge of fashion market and relevant lifestyle brands
- Enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced, heavily trafficked fashion sample closet
- Poised and able to represent Mens Health in the fashion market
- Experience with coordinating accurate fashion credits and writing relevant fashion blurbs
- A team player and positive collaborator with good communication skills for efficient daily results
- Interest in and/or experience with photo shoots
**The base salary for this role is between $50, 000 and $55, 000.The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.**
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity