Gap Inc. Assistant Manager - Product Development - Gap Outlet in New York, New York
About the role
The Assistant Manager of Product Development for Gap Outlet supports the product line creation by partnering cross-functionally to communicate and execute to design aesthetics, merchandise strategies and financial targets. They work closely with design teams in New York as well as Sourcing and Product Development partners in Asia to deliver on product design and brand aesthetic while effectively managing average unit cost.
What you'll do:
• Execute category product development strategies that align with production strategies and divisional goals.
• Understand product development implications on merchandising and design-driven product decisions based on category or vendor strategies and nuances.
• Help to drive communication between brand teams and Asia-based product teams to ensure strategic business alignment and optimal responsiveness.
• Understand divisional and cross-functional goals and work with team to execute supporting strategies.
• Understand and work with cross-functional teams to manage costs through our systems/tools, TradeStone and GA.
• Communicate with Asia-based teams to understand product execution issues and provide support in resolving them in a timely manner.
• Support the execution of demand driven and seasonal booking processes, in addition to supporting in-season product management.
• Support BOM development and execution in partnership with Design partners
• Order sample material requests in PLM
• Partner w/ design to communicate aesthetic changes to vendors for Co-Creation styles
• Track samples via SMEE tool and follow up on missing samples with GIS
• Follow up on open issues post Adoption through production, with cross functional partners + GIS to finalize aesthetic approvals
• Assist in communication of Early Books to CFT, coordinating EB discussions
• Attend critical fittings and share guidance on cost and lead time
• Ensure supporting systemics are complete and accurate from development through execution: tradestone, GA (costing), PLM (BOMs)
Who you are
• Global Product Development experience or exposure to driving global product development and understands design. merchandising, and vendor/category management.
• Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
• Global Business Acumen- experience executing on multi-year operational goals, incorporating knowledge of production trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction, and retail math.
• Collaboration- Ability to influence and make decisions cross-functionally in a matrixed environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
• Personal Leadership - demonstrated professional presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a broader team.
• Change Management- demonstrates the ability to lead without authority to influence others and drive informed decision-making.
• Learning Agility- demonstrated curiosity, motivated to develop new skills and knowledge.
• Resourcefulness - experience in managing dynamic projects that require the ability to flex as obstacles are presented.
- Gap Inc. Jobs