Amazon Corporate LLC Assistant Merchandise Planner in New York, New York
Shopbop is looking for an innovative, results-driven Assistant Merchandise Planner with an entrepreneurial spirit to drive high revenue growth. The Assistant Merchandise Planner will support the planning teams in the daily management of a department.
The successful candidate must be able to move beyond applying standard templates for solving problems by supporting the team with creative, innovative ideas that can be translated into actionable insights for the business.
* Manage weekly, monthly and seasonal reporting needs of the area, as well as support the entire team.
* Assist the team with managing the markdown cadence and impact on overall business; recommend new markdowns and/or shifts deeper for department.
* Manage the replenishment SKUs across specific with the support of the Planner, tracking key item selling to minimize out of stocks.
* Support bottoms-up season vendor plan creation; pull relevant data and make recommendations based on performance and trend.
* Prepare seasonal hindsight reporting for specific department; analyze historical data combined with current trend to identify risks/opportunities by vendor.
* Provide ad-hoc analysis on revenue, product performance, markdowns and inventory levels.
* Develop an understanding of the needs, wants and expectations of the customer.
* Partner with team members to maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards.
* Provide clear and timely communication ensuring the cross-functional team is aligned.
* Continuously seek new ways of understanding the business.
* Bachelor's degree.
* 2 years of merchandise planning or buying experience.
* Results-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
* Strong analytical acumen to identify and resolve business performance issues.
* Knowledge of retail metrics; proficient with Excel and PowerPoint.
* Ability to build collaborative relationships across departments.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence
* Proactive attitude, flexible, and adaptive to changing priorities.
* Experience pulling data from a database and creating reports.
* Online retail experience preferred.
* Cognos experience is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.