J.Crew Assistant Planner - J.Crew Factory in New York, New York
New York, NY, US, 10281
Sep 22, 2020
Assistant Planner - J.Crew Factory
WHO WE ARE
We side with style over fashion, think timelessness is underrated and find that clothes look best when they’re lived in. We love color-blocking and pattern mixing and temper tomboy with heels. We're fans of tousled hair and think everything’s right when something’s left just a little imperfect. We wear sneakers with suits, wing tips with jeans and chambray on chambray. We don't believe there's such a thing as overdressed — and we don’t rent tuxedos. We're an American brand, but we source fabrics from around the world: Japanese seersucker, Irish linen and Italian wool. We don't believe there's just one way to wear an outfit, but we do have a few ideas on how to pull one together. For us, the magic is in the mix.
ABOUT THE TEAM
As an Assistant Planner, you will support your manager in creating and executing sales and inventory financial plans at a department(s), style and SKU level. Assistant Planners are responsible for developing the skills to analyze and identify sales opportunities to provide risk mitigating recommendations.
THINK YOU WOULD ENJOY DOING THIS?
• Collaborate with Merchants and Allocators on preseason and in season plans to align on sales and inventory strategies.
• Provide manager with ad hoc analysis, as assigned, to give team diagnosis of the business and anticipate suggested course of action.
• Create preseason sales, margin and inventory plans by department, class, style and color. Analyze previous quarter results; identify “missed sales” and growth drivers over prior year.
• Summarize the opportunity and risk of a product plan as it relates to trend and financial metrics: initial mark-up, average unit retail, average unit cost, net margin dollars/rate.
• Recommend style count and flow of goods for optimal margin results within a quarter.
• Assist manager with development of the financial strategy associated with growth and diminish categories, based on current trend, historical findings or related categories.
• Communicate support for style level buys as it relates to current trend, historical findings or related categories.
• Provide daily and weekly updates on business as it relates to last forecast, identifying trends, and highlighting selling that exceeds or falls short of expectation.
• Assist manager with communication to cross functional partners regarding potential risk or opportunities and begin to suggest changes to course of action for both current and future quarters.
• Prepare sales, margin and inventory forecast and assist manager in monthly OTB forecast meetings for current year; provide sales trend opportunity for future quarters, validate stock-to-sales relationships, maximize receipt flow to improve turn, reconcile receipts and suggest pricing strategies to drive profitability.
• Monitor basic style selling trends and partner with merchandising and allocation to select monthly order quantities.
• Generate and manage style level weekly unit sales plans in season to inform total department sales expectation by week/month/quarter and identify styles contributing to a +/- to forecast.
• Assist manager to propose markdown and promotional strategies to maximize profitability on the life of an item or category; provide pricing and margin dollar gain/loss scenarios.
YES? GREAT! NOW…
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
• Strong analytical, financial modeling and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects with tight deadlines.
• Strong technical aptitude, including advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and ability to quickly master new applications and systems.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
YES AGAIN? Then please click the apply button to submit your application!
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.