Ross Stores, Inc. Assistant Planner in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
The Assistant Planner is a true learning role that allows you to build a foundation of planning skills. You will focus on maximizing sales potential and minimizing risks at the region and store level for a specific business. As an Assistant Planner, you will contribute to the management of in-season plans and building of pre-season plans in support of regional strategies. You will develop an understanding of key performance indicators, such as performance to plan, same-store sales and turn, to support your recommendations.
What would you do?
- Analyze performance using standardized reports prepared monthly
- Review future plans based on historical performance and knowledge of future business conditions (e.g. product availability and assortment strategies)
- Identify risks and/or opportunities by product and Region
- Begin to learn how to propose recommendations (i.e., influence changes to be made) to Region plans to Location Planning Manager and implement approved changes into the planning system
- Prepare hindsight analysis and collaborate with Merchandise Planning counterpart at key fiscal points (e.g. events/holidays and quarterly)
- Partner with Location Planning Manager to conduct hindsight reviews to present findings to Senior leadership
- Propose recommendations in order to capitalize on opportunities and/or reduce risk for next year (e.g. influence product flow changes to drive sales/reduce liabilities)
- Work with cross-functional teams (Store Planning and Allocation) to implement Store strategies and address callouts and errors
- Utilize forecast to evaluate future Store plans against system parameters
- Analyze historical performance and develop skills to propose flow strategies to Location Planning Manager
- Partner with Merchandise Planning counterpart to inform the Chain plans of Region recommendations
- Under Location Planning Manager's direction, develop Region plans by applying their independent hindsight analysis and known assortment strategies to update the initial system generated plans
- Review higher product levels to validate the mix of assortment within a Region using additional reporting tools
- Present recommended plans to Location Planning Manager in a formal meeting for continued learning
- Recommend store lists for limited door product opportunities and analyze different store groups (e.g. door rankings, target demographics) to determine location strategies and initiatives
- Modify system generated Store level plans by resolving outliers and exceptions
Who you are ...
- You bring an interest in weaving a story out of numbers!
- You have desire to learn, grow and engage
- You have systematic approach to problem solving
- You are a team player
- You have a drive for results
- You are proficient in Excel
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills
- You have prior work experience and retail knowledge
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.