L'Oreal USA S/D, Inc. Assistant Vice President - Finance (Kiehl's) in New York, New York
Kiehl's was founded as an old-world apothecary in New York's East Village neighborhood over 165 years ago. Our unique and extensive background represents a blend of cosmetic, pharmaceutical, herbal, and medicinal knowledge developed and advanced through the generations. Over the past two decades, Kiehl's has grown into a pillar brand for the Luxury Division at L'Oreal with extensive global reach. The Kiehl's DMI (International) team has an exciting position available for an AVP of Finance in New York, NY.
Section 1: General Information
Job Title: AVP - Finance
FLSA status: Exempt
Division: Kiehl's DMI
Supervisor Title: General Manager
Location: 435 Hudson Street, New York, NY
Date: May 2022
Section 2: Job Summary
1. As Division Controller, directs the coordination and administration of division reporting, planning and consolidation. Responsible for associated presentations to senior management. Responsible for the preparation, analysis and transmission of a variety of divisional finance reports in accordance with corporate requirements.
2. Oversee Kiehl's DMI cost control, sales & marketing analysis, fixed costs and gross-profit analysis. Lead team members who support all finance related issues for operating department.
3. Conducts financial/budget meetings with departmental managers and HOFs.
4. Keeps senior management and divisional finance team informed about issues within their assigned area as necessary. Respond to management inquiries/needs (NYO, Corporate or Paris) as necessary.
5. Performs a variety of supervisory tasks including interviewing and selecting employees, developing employees, conducting performance management and salary administration, etc..
Section 3: Job Requirements
10+ years of experience in finance or accounting required including supervisory/management experience.
Supervisory experience required
Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required.
Strong computer skills required (Excel a must).
Lawson or Hyperion a plus.
Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills; business acumen; leadership skills; oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal skills.
Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making
Must be able to apply judgment and decision making across all aspects of the role. It requires a comprehensive understanding of the concepts and principles within Finance/Accounting and how business operations are structured to achieve operating goals. Critical thinking about the management of financial structures and people. Assist with problem solving and definition of process/procedures within operational responsibility.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements
Section 6: Financial Scope
Annual Sales Budget Responsibility: $1B+
Annual Revenue Responsibility: $100M
Section 7: Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesTasks, Duties & Responsibilities % of time spent.
Total should = 100%
People Leader: Perform financial leadership within the Kiehl's DMI Management Committee and develop two direct reports. 25%
Manage the consolidation, analysis and review of all divisional financial reporting 20%
Manage cost and budget control and conducts ongoing budget meetings with department and brand managers. 20%
Forecasts and analyses Division's Cost of Sales budget and determines the nature of any variances. 10%
Manage Budget/Trend seasonalization and prepares Trend and 3-year plans with Divisional Finance team 10%
Manages all Corporate reporting and requirements as it relates to their assigned Division. 10%
6. Validation of monthly affiliate forecasts provided by MSL to calculate DMI revenue projections. 5%
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email . Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.