Ross Stores, Inc. Associate Analyst, Regional Planning in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Associate Analyst, Regional Planning
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,900 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as seven state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2021 revenues of $18.9 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
The Associate Regional Analyst is responsible for supporting development of robust regional plans and execution of regional strategies. The Associate Regional Analyst reports on regional performance, supports analysis of sales trends and plan reviews, and contributes to quarterly regional performance hindsights.
- Support development of regional budgets, pre-season regional guidance and in-season guidance.
- Prepare reports / views to review pre-season plans to identify plan opportunities / risks.
- Runs weekly and monthly regional performance reports and supports assessment of regional trends / sales drivers.
- Review regional plans against in-season performance and pre-season callouts.
- Review business monthly, quarterly and seasonally to hindsight potential risk and opportunities and share recommendations with manager.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as requested
Who you are ...
- You have a 4-year college degree or the equivalent required
- You have a minimum of 2 years in retail merchandise planning experience involving sales and inventory planning and forecasting
- You have demonstrated independence, communication, presentation skills and strong analytical and decision-making skills
- You have the ability to partner and influence cross-functional partners
- You are proficient in Excel and Power Point with strong technical and functional skills
- You have effective written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong retail math skills, analytical and conceptual skills
- You have thorough knowledge of planning systems, Arthur Planning is strongly desirable
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.