Carters/OshKosh Associate Designer - Girls Knits- OshKosh B'gosh in New York, New York
Associate Designer - Girls Knits- OshKosh B'gosh
New York, NY
Date Updated: August 02, 2019
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Years of Experience: 2 - 5 Years
Travel: Not Specified
Level of Education: BA/BS
Position ID: 85329-290841
Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkoshbgosh.com , and www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop , a global lifestyle brand for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at www.carters.com .
- Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines (ie: research trends, shop locally, develop fabric and trims)
- Prepare and update sketches in Illustrator, tech packs, linesheets and BOMs; ensure that line plan requirements are met.
- Assist in coloring up collections in Illustrator.
- Assist in the development of new fabrications, trims, techniques, & protos to enhance and refresh the line seasonally.
- Partner with designer on crossfunctional communication throughout the development and production life-cycle .
- Maintain organization of binders, inspiration samples, and production samples
- Shop the competition to stay on top of trends and business opportunities
- Track and follow up on all developments/samples to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain design and development charts
- Flexibility to assist other team members, as necessary
Experience and Skills
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to understand customer needs and emerging trends and translate into brand right product
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task
- Ability to partner in a team environment and anticipate the needs of others
- PLM or similar program, preferred
- Experience working on knits; sweaters strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree (Apparel Design, preferred)
- 3+ years designing knit product
Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Visit https://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today
- Carters/OshKosh Jobs