Hanesbrands Inc. Associate Designer - Men's Champion Lifestyle Apparel in New York, New York
To provide design assistance for all product lines for Champion apparel. Responsibilities include research of competitor and related products, assisting in the development of product specifications, and maintenance of color information for each season. Design concepts that may be mass produced cost effectively.
* Demonstrated creative ability interpreting concept into prototypes.
* Prepare presentation boards.
* Independently develop prototype garments.
* Independently fit garments.
* Expand creative and technical skills across brand categories.
* Demonstrated ability to interpret design direction (identify potential issues and develop recommended solutions).
* Identify cost-effective product opportunities.
* Manage to a calendar.
* Accountable for maintaining all line sheets.
* Responsible for creating tech packs.
* Adhere to seasonal calendars.
* BA/BA Degree required with 3-4 years' experience OR AA Fashion Degree with 5 years of equivalent experience.
* Excellent communication skills across all management levels.
* Ability to handle multiple projects in fast-paced environment.
* Demonstrated design and creative ability.
* Superior computer skills.
* Ability to work in a team-environment.
* 3-4 years in the industry required, preferably knowledge of active
* Domestic travel and some international travel may be required.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly:
* Email: HBI_TA@hanes.com