Ross Stores, Inc. Associate Designer, Packaging in New York, New York
ASSOCIATE DESIGNER, PACKAGING
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® (“Ross”), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
- Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this Job:
The Associate Packaging Designer supports the Packaging Team to produce final art for a broad range of Direct Imports product. Develops packaging solutions for new and existing products. Adapts existing private label and unbranded looks to ensure on-time delivery and adherence to packaging standards. Collaborates with external partners (Agents, Vendors) and internal clients (merchants) to ensure quality execution of packaging concepts.
Packaging Design and Execution
- Supports multiple packaging projects simultaneously; accountable for technically accurate production ready artwork
- Executes both interior and exterior production ready art work that is attractive, high quality and follows appropriate communication hierarchy
- Works with Packaging Team to adhere to timeframe and cost guidelines
Collaboration & Communication
- Communicates with overseas agents to resolve packaging issues (accurate die lines, vendor photography)
- Engages with internal clients to understand specific packaging briefs, and partners with Project Management Team to understand packaging processes
- Partners with Packaging Manager to understand and approve soft and hard print proofs
- Supports and adheres to Ross standardized Packaging processes
- Updates Ross Packaging standards as needed
- Shares ideas for process improvements
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Design, or related field
- 1-3 years of relatable experience
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Mac/Pac operating systems