Ross Stores, Inc. Associate Human Resources Specialist (Leave of Absence Concierge) in New York, New York
ASSOCIATE HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (LEAVE OF ABSENCE CONCIERGE)
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
The Associate HR Specialist (LOA Concierge) is responsible for supporting the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) model, focusing on leave of absence (LOA) process coordination in partnership with the 3rd party Leave Administrator and Corporate teams. This position serves as a local subject matter expert who offers guidance on LOA policies and procedures and provides support to Ross Buying Office (BO) associates when considering a leave of absence, during their leave, and throughout the transition back to work from leave. This activity will occur while maintaining compliance with Ross policies as well as federal, state and local regulations. This position will collaborate with HRBPs and other departments to ensure compliance and consistency with applicable policies and laws and to escalate problem resolution as necessary. This role must focus on creating a quality customer experience and effective communication with our internal clients (associates, HRBPs, etc.) throughout the entire leave process. This role will also provide back-up and support to other members of the HR Administration team as needed.
- Assist with HR related inquiries or requests, with an emphasis on leave of absence administration and disability accommodation as well as pay and benefits during leave.
- Consult with HRBPs and Manager with respect to the application of leave administration and disability accommodations in accordance with applicable laws and Ross policies.
- Provide detailed information, either in person or by telephone or email, about the leave process to all levels of associates.
- Support associates through the leave claim filing process, including review and explanation of materials, answering questions, and providing guidance.
- Respond to associate’s inquiries throughout their entire leave and provide appropriate explanation when needed.
- Coordinate associate’s return to work process including Mother’s Room administration.
- Identify the need for, conduct, and document the Interactive Process per ADA guidelines. Communicate with identified stakeholders the progress and results of the Interactive Process. Assist in identifying modified duty and/or alternative work assignments (when applicable) or help determine whether to grant extended leave as an ADA accommodation. Document interactions using Service Now (SNOW) and prepare appropriate documentation including approved ADA/EXT letters.
- Effectively document, analyze and resolve leave related issues including accommodations.
- Monitor Peoplesoft records and notifications from the 3rd party Leave Administrator to ensure the associate’s leave status in Peoplesoft is up-to-date and accurate.
- Perform research and troubleshoot escalated issues with a focus on customer service, acting promptly and decisively to alleviate problems, with accuracy, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Communicate with the 3rd party Leave Administrator and collaborate with internal partners (including Leave of Absence, Payroll, Benefits, IT, etc.) effectively to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Use systems and applications such as SNOW, PeopleSoft and Microsoft Office to effectively manage and track leave of absence transactions including generating new cases and letters, managing and responding to emails, calls and voicemails. Maintain leave of absence data by entering status changes in SNOW.
- Generate regular and ad hoc LOA reports and develop/maintain LOA dashboard.
- Track and analyze associates’ feedback to evaluate the effectiveness of current procedures and practices. Recommend changes and develop/execute action plan based on findings to improve quality of customer service and efficiency of leave administration process.
- Keep current on trends for leave laws, assess the impact, and collaborate with others to identify opportunities for process improvement. Focus on staying abreast of any changes in in company systems and institutional knowledge.
- Manage relationships through ongoing communication and collaborate effectively when participating in ad hoc HR and cross-functional projects.
- Support other HR Administration tasks and activities (i.e. benefits initiatives, compliance audits, onboarding/offboarding activities, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Human Resources with an emphasis on leave of absence administration handling FMLA, PDL, ADA, USERRA, Personal etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of leave policies and applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Customer service driven.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Ability to handle a high volume of time-sensitive responsibilities.
- Detail oriented with accuracy.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to use thoughtful judgment on complex and sensitive issues. Ability to analyze, problem solve, organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, with diverse groups of associates.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or with a team.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence others while working in a cross-functional environment. Ability to consult with all levels of management.
- Ability to gather and organize information from a variety of sources to identify problem areas, and to make recommendations or execute resolutions.
- High level of integrity in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Excel and OneNote) and HR systems (i.e. PeopleSoft).
- Ability to learn quickly and to follow established policies and procedures consistently.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Ability to adapt and effectively manage change.
- Takes initiative.