Penguin Random House LLC (Associate) Imprint Sales Manager, Children's - International Sales (2 positions available) in New York, New York
The Penguin Random House International Sales & Marketing department is currently seeking two (Associate) Imprint Sales Managers. These unique roles serve as key liaisons between our New York sales office, the international sales and marketing team, and various publishing colleagues. Additionally, the (Associate) Imprint Sales Managers will be responsible for managing and coordinating all international marketing efforts, with one role focusing on titles for the Random House Children’s publishing division and the other on the Penguin Young Readers publishing division.
• Attend and report on publishers’ regular and seasonal sales and marketing meetings.
• Oversee product management for the Random House Children’s or Penguin Young Readers division, including designating key titles, scheduling export editions, and establishing initial sales budgets for key titles.
• Present priority titles at international sales meetings and conferences.
• Provide monthly sales and marketing updates to publishing divisions.
• Create and edit regular newsletters, catalogs, sell sheets, and order forms to the sales team and accounts, and participate in the creation and management of some cross-divisional marketing projects.
• Work closely with the Senior Director, International Marketing & Imprint Sales and the Marketing & Publicity Manager to create marketing plans for the export book trade, and for consumers in select markets using traditional print media and online, social media resources.
• Participate in the preparation for major international book fairs and sales conferences.
Minimum Qualifications/Requirements • Minimum of 3 years of prior publishing sales and or marketing experience, ideally within international sales at a trade publishing house; minimum of 5 years of experience to be considered at the Manager level • Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting and presentation skills • Ability to effectively interact with employees across all levels of an organization • Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time • Strong interest in and understanding of international publishing and rights • Familiarity with social media marketing platforms including Facebook and Twitter • Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Preferred Qualifications: • Knowledge of Microsoft Access and WordPress • Foreign language skills
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 52621
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs