Penguin Random House LLC Associate Manager / Manager - Specialty Retail Sales in New York, New York
Associate Manager/Manager, Specialty Retail Sales
Penguin Random House is seeking an Associate Manager/ Manager to join the Penguin Random House Special Markets sales team. This position will be responsible for selling all core and client titles into Key National accounts such as the TJX Group and Kohl’s.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Maximize PRH sales and market share at account base
• Responsible for selling on a monthly/seasonal basis and conduct in person seasonal previews
• Create and maintain a monthly forecast for each account and communicate in a constructive manner the opportunities and challenges
• Research and develop new markets for our books
• Craft targeted pitches, seasonal PowerPoint presentations, and mailchimps
• Maintain a salesforce database – contact information, and account notes
• Work across departments (editorial, marketing and publicity and inventory) to maximize each titles potential within the marketplace
• Maintain regular communication regarding account information to retailers, publishers, imprint sales team, inventory and management
• Travel as necessary to sales appointments and conferences
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years selling experience in an account facing role. Minimum of 5+ years to be considered at the manager level
• Proven ability to create retail or marketing promotions and develop other strategies to increase sales
• Proven relationship-building skills internally and externally
• Ability to budget/forecast accurately
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve strategic goals set forth by manager
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Proactive with strong follow-up skills
• Ability to successfully prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: New York Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 160163
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs