Ross Stores, Inc. Associate Merchandise Planner in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
ASSOCIATE MERCHANDISE PLANNER
About Ross Stores, Inc.
At Ross Stores, Inc. our focus has always been bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on-trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 2,000 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
We have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston. With FY2021 revenues of $18.9 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities and local volunteer initiatives
A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity
The Associate Merchandise Planning Analyst will be responsible for planning, trending revisions, and OTB control from the classification level to the division level. Associate Planner will develop unit classification plans to support the open to ship allocation system. S/he partners with the Buying, Location Planning teams and Planning Management to identify business opportunities/risks to sales/margin and make recommendations accordingly.
The base salary range for this role is $80,000 - $87,000. The base salary range is dependent on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, qualifications, relevant education, certifications, seniority, and location. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards vary by position and location.
- Develop seasonal business plans through partnership with buying group and analysis of historical data to forecast trends
- Develop Pre-Season chain plans at the class level and In-Season forecasting of chain plans
- Monitor monthly performance to sales, inventory and margin targets
- Manage weekly OTB, identifying opportunities as needed
- Identify Early Warning Callouts and recommend courses of action to drive profitable sales and margin. Perform independent analysis as needed to identify opportunities
- Collaborate closely and builds trust among cross-functional partners to drive desired results
- Present and call out risks/opportunities to Management and Senior Merchants
Who you are
• You have a minimum of 2 years' retail merchandise planning experience; prefer to have at least 1 yr. of managing OTB experience
• You demonstrate decision-making ability
• You have the ability to partner and influence cross-functional partners
• You are highly proficient in Excel
• You are highly effective written and verbal communication skills
• You have strong analytical and conceptual skills
• You have strong retail math skills
• You have a strong knowledge of planning systems desirable, Arthur Planning is strongly desirable
• You have a 4-year college degree (required)
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.