Ross Stores, Inc. Associate Merchandise Planner in New York, New York
ASSOCIATE MERCHANDISE PLANNER
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2019 revenues of $16 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® (“Ross”), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,546 locations in 39 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 259 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 19 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
At Ross you will find:
• A career that fits you
• Amazing culture and people
• Big company with a family feeling
• Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
Associate Planner will be responsible for planning, trending revisions, and OTB control from the classification level to the division level. Responsible for developing unit classification plans to support the open to ship allocation system. Partners with the Buying, Store Planning teams and Management to identify business opportunities/risks to sales/margin and make recommendations accordingly.
• Responsible for developing seasonal business plans through partnership with buying group and analysis of historical data to forecast trends
• Develop Pre-Season chain plans at the class level and In-Season forecasting of chain plans
• Monitoring monthly performance to sales, inventory and margin targets
• Manage weekly OTB
• Performs independent analysis and recommends courses of action to drive profitable sales
• Collaborates closely and builds trust among cross-functional partners to drive desired results
• Responsible for presenting and calling out risks/opportunities to Management and Senior Merchants
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• Requires minimum of 2 years’ retail merchandise planning experience; prefer to have at least 1 yr. of managing OTB experience
• Demonstrated decision-making ability
• Ability to partner and influence cross-functional partners
• Highly proficient in Excel
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills
• Strong retail math skills
• Knowledge of planning systems desirable, Arthur Planning is strongly desirable
• 4-year college degree required