Nature America Inc Associate or Senior Editor, Nature Medicine in New York, New York
Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Position: Associate or Senior Editor, Nature Medicine
Location: New York, London
Application Deadline: September 28, 2020
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with strong interest in translational and clinical research, ability to think critically and across a range of topics to join the Nature Medicine team. You will be championing the publication of high impact research on human genetics and clinical genomics - including a broad range topics such as cancer genomics, genetics of rare diseases, genome editing, gene therapies, RNA-based therapies, epidemiological genomics, among others.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Editor, and play an important role in helping the chief to shape the future of the medicine. They will handle original research papers, and work closely with other editors on all aspects of the editorial process, including manuscript selection and overseeing peer review. The ability to recommend well-reasoned editorial decisions on submitted manuscripts in the light of expert advice is crucial. They will liaise extensively with editors at other journals in the Nature family, and other experts in the international scientific community.
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- A MD, or PhD (or equivalent) in the biomedical or medical sciences, with expertise in human genetics, clinical genomics, cancer genomics or molecular therapies.
- Postdoctoral research experience in a relevant area, or experience with clinical research is preferred.
- Strong interest in translational and clinical research.
- Be able to demonstrate the breadth of your interest in scientific research, both within and beyond your specialty.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be fluent in English (written and spoken).
- The ability to read and assess the novelty, context and implications of research submitted to the journal from different areas of this discipline.
- Be eager to travel and meet scientists worldwide, learn more about them and their research, and help them learn more about us and what we are looking for in the papers we seek to publish.
- Be comfortable with working in a fast-paced collaborative environment team spirit is essential.
- Previous editorial experience in a clinical or translational journal is required for candidates to a Senior position
This is a full-time position, located in our New York, London or Berlin offices.
Interested candidates should submit a resumeand a brief cover letter explaining their interest in the position.
The closing date for applications is September 28, 2020, applications will be reviewed as they are received.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD& D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
At Springer Nature we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Springer Nature isan Equal Opportunity Employer that complieswith the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster:
Visitthe Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website atwww.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobsfor more information about ourResearch E& P career opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity