Amazon Corporate LLC AWS Solutions Architect | New York in New York, New York
Do you like helping customers implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Are you familiar with design and implementation best practices for applications, servers, and networks? You must possess a unique combination of deep technical skills and business acumen as well as a do-what-it-takes attitude to ensure our customers are receiving a top end-user experience.
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect to help accelerate our growing platform as part of the of our business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
As a Solutions Architect at AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (e.g., Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon CloudFront) directly with our key customers. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on areas as they relate to customer applications and services (e.g., AI/ML, Security, Containers, Big Data).
As a Solutions Architect, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge with the AWS solution architect community. You will also gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
You will be part of a culture of innovation where you'll use AWS services to help our customers rapidly get products and services to market through continuous delivery of solutions, building highly scalable web & mobile applications, architecting large-scale micro-services solutions for delivering content globally, designing Exabyte scale storage solutions, and enabling data-driven decision making through big data technologies.
The Amazon Solutions Architect team is moving some of the largest scale, compelling workloads to AWS. You'll be engaged and will influence engineering teams requiring AWS expertise and in so doing will be making a significant impact on Amazon's many businesses. As an added bonus, you'll be part of an extended team of Solution Architects working with our diverse set of customers in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Gaming, DevOps, Security, Health Science etc. Come join us and let's do great things for some industry-leading customers.
This role will require domestic travel up to 30%
Roles and Responsibilities
* As a key member of the solution architecture team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
* Partner with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
* Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
* Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
* Capture and share best-practice knowledge within the AWS solutions architect community
* Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as white papers
* Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
* Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
What Makes "Territory" different? (as compared to Startup, Named and Enterprise)
* Typically, an SA assigned to Focused will cover 100 named accounts and an SA covering a Geographic based territory will cover hundreds out of the thousands of customers that make up the territory. Obviously in the case of a geographic SA they will not be able to work with all of the customers in the territory and those customers will be self-served.
* The personality of customers, solution segments and technical approach taken will cover a broad spectrum. Some customers will have rudimentary technical expertise and experience while others will have the best talent in the world.
* Territory (both Focused and Geography) customers have a default behavior of wanting to move quickly
The Geo territories offer good ramp up time for new SAs as I expect conversations to be high-level (overview, value, etc.) and technical discussions focusing on educating customer on AWS. The Focused territories offer a good challenge for seasoned professionals (can be new SA) as I expect conversations to be a mixture of high-level (overview, value, etc.) and deep technical discussions (matching customer use cases to specific combinations of AWS Services).
For the Territory Solutions Architect role, we are looking for a candidate who is comfortable at the intersection of technology and business. He or she will be broadly competent across many areas of technology and deep in a handful of areas. It's ok for them to be less deep in some places, but we need to feel confident that they have the fundamentals and the ability to learn complex new technologies quickly. By the time a candidate reaches an in-person loop, they have been through one technical phone screens and one fit phone screen.
On the business side, we are looking for excellent communication skills. The Solutions Architect will spend most of their day interacting with customers via email, phone, webex, and in-person meetings. They will meet with developers, team leads, engineering directors, and CxOs. Given the large portion of customers who are self-served, interest in and ability to create one-to-many content such as reference architectures and blog posts is an important part of the role.
On the soft-skills side, we are looking for ability to moderate tone and technical depth based on audience and solid ability to pick up on non-verbal communication. Also ability to pick up on "un-said" drivers is important.
On the personal attributes side, we are looking for individuals who are passionate about technology and have the drive and capability to absorb and retain vast amounts of deep technical information continuously. People who might get easily bored in slower moving environments might do well here.
* 10+ years of design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
* Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
* 5+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
* Technical degree (or equivalent experience) required; Computer Science background highly desired
* Industry expert in at least one particular domain, vertical and/or platform: DevOps, Big Data, Machine Learning, Serverless computing etc
* Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals.
* Experience developing large scale application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments
* Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
* Senior leadership role at a startup or 2+ years leading technical sales at C-level
* Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
* Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT management, and engineers
* Strong written communication skills.
* High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age