Guest Services, Inc. Bartender- $500 bonus potential! Housing Available! in New York, New York
**GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!**
**Bartender- $500 bonus potential! Housing Available!**
Hither Hills State Park, managed by Guest Services, is now a hiring Seasonal Bartenders. Candidates should be highly customer service oriented and have previous experience in food service. If you're looking for a fun summer experience, apply today!
This is a seasonal position that is expected to start in April and continue through the summer and into early fall.
Low cost team member housing is available!
Up to $500 in sign on bonuses available! Qualified teammembers will receive $200 after 30 days of employment, $150 after 60 days ofemployment, and $150 after 90 days of employment for a total payout of up to$500! Conditions Apply.
Team Member will be eligible for exciting perks such as on site food and retail discounts! Apply today to join our All-Star Team!
The Bartender is responsible for serving all guests beverages in a fast, courteous and efficient manner. The Bartender must ensure correct billing procedures and provide excellent service to guests, ensuring level of service meets the Company's standards. The Bartender should be able to properly mix alcoholic drinks for guests over 21 years old, as required by law.
- Anticipate customer's needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency. Fill drink and food orders either taken directly from patrons at the bar or through servers.
- Pour, mix, and serve drinks following standard recipes.
- Maintain the liquor, garnishes, glassware and other supplies or inventory for the bar.
- Take payment from customers.
- Check identification of customers who order alcoholic beverages.
- Clean all bar equipment, tools, and supplies. Ensure equipment is in good working order.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
**SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE**
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Mathematic Skills.
- Excellent sanitation habits.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to communicate and attend to guests with the highest standard of service.
- Ability to pass cash handling and TIPS training.
- Problem sensitivity and the ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
**PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS**
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 10 lbs. regularly, 10-15 lbs. frequently, and up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced unit.
- Physical attendance in unit to perform duties.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, as required by law.
- Knowledge of cash register/POS system used in unit.
- Bar equipment.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.