Ross Stores, Inc. Business Analyst, Business Information (Data/Reporting Governance) in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Business Analyst, Business Information (Data/Reporting Governance)
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
The Business Analyst (BA) for Business Information in the New York Buying Office will help to bridge the gap between the business teams and the technical teams who will provide reporting solutions. The BA will help to ensure that reporting standards, policies and procedures are adhered to throughout the rollout of data governance and will be instrumental in helping the build of our data dictionary. Areas of focus include retail knowledge, reporting/data governance, business requirements gathering and documentation, user support, change management, relationship management, and project management activities.
- Maintenance of the EDW Report Inventory (800+ reports)
- Support the business process across Business Information and IT to ensure an accurate and comprehensive report inventory
- Gain a solid understanding of business reports and tools
- Data enrichment to capture attributes for the existing report inventory
- Support a report rationalization effort to evaluate the usage of the existing reports with an eye towards consolidation
- Work with IT to identify and discontinue reports which are no longer required
- Maintain and monitor report usage
- Support the development of the data dictionary for all metrics, calculations and metric abbreviations for report column headings (20,000 metrics)
- Ensure consistency of metric calculations across reports
- Reporting/Data Governance
- Work with BI Team to ensure adherence to reporting standards (formatting, metric naming...)
Who you are ...
- You have your Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Business, Economics, Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
- You have 3+ years of experience; preferably in Retail and in a Business, Business Support or IT role
- You have the ability to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and coordinate activities of other associates
- You have the ability to exercise judgment and influence in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- You have excellent communication skills to all levels of the organization
- You have the ability to network with key contacts outside of own area of expertise
- You have advanced application of productivity suite software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- You have solid level of working business knowledge
- You will support the team to deliver projects in a timely manner
- Some travel may be required
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change