Ross Stores, Inc. Business Analyst in New York, New York
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2019 revenues of $16 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,546 locations in 39 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 259 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 19 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
- Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
The Master Data Office is a new enterprise team at Ross defining how data can better serve the business. With the support of the Manager, the Business Analyst will work to identify key opportunities for improvements.
This role will support the MDO vision to be the central point of contact for all master data needs within a certain data domain (i.e. supplier or product hierarchy). Partnering with their Manager, the Business Analyst will ensure that all requests are prioritized, addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
Point of Contact for Business
- As point of contact for multiple business departments across the organization, the Business Analyst will be playing an important role to support multiple business units address regular request, and troubleshoot issues
- Analyze data to troubleshoot or provide data insights and business visibility
- Ensure that existing governance and process documents are up to date based on changes in requirements or business needs
- Manage work flow and requests in a Master Data Management Tool. Execute on all (change) requests from business effectively to ensure that they are implemented according to set data governance standards and processes
- Identify and provide solutions on ways to service the business better
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Business, Economics, Finance or Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
- 3 years of experience as a Business Analyst, (preferably in Retail or in an IT field), with strong process, data, and systems understanding
- Prior Data Governance and Administration experience or exposure preferred
- Thorough knowledge of business process documentation that includes prior experience with documenting Merchandising, IT or Finance workflows, processes and requirements
- Ability to work with both business (non-technical) and IT (technical) with ability to communicate/translate requirements easily and effectively between all parties
- Strong understanding of productivity suite software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Ability to understand and apply instructions or suggest alternate proven methods to move projects or requests forward
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to follow established practices, policies and procedures
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build working relationships and bring about cooperation from leadership and working teams
- Ability to adjust with changing work environments, priorities and goals
- Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically