Brunswick Business Development Manager in New York, New York
It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
The overall opportunity – Business Development Manager (BDM) – Mercury Marine
Work for the undisputed leader in the Marine Industry! Mercury Marine, a Division of Brunswick, based in Wisconsin offers a unique, fun and rewarding work environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance in the Marine segment of the recreational industry. Mercury’s work environment is fast-paced, competitive and high-energy. Under the direction and supervision of the Regional Business Director, the Business Development Manager (BDM) will manage and grow the entire Mercury Marine dealer network within his/her sales zone through building relationships with dealers, OEM’s, customers and developing strategic territory growth plans. The successful BDM will coach, consult, develop and grow sales volume, market share and profitability that meet the objectives of Mercury Marine. Additional responsibilities include: developing a strategy to service existing accounts, develop new business; monitor weekly reports and take action as needed including but not limited to dealer calls, dealer visits, physical inventory checks and/or other tactical activities; work in National, Regional and local boat shows; attend sales meetings; utilizing computer and CRM tools and generally manage customer accounts.
This specific opportunity – The selected candidate will live within the defined territory of responsibility. The territory includes parts of Metro New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, Eastern Pennsylvania and the Eastern Maryland shore.
The BDM is the principal selling agent within the assigned sales territory for Mercury Marine and is responsible for achieving the established short and long-range sales goals and objectives. The BDM must assure that sales and marketing activities within the territory comply with Mercury corporate policies and procedures.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with existing Mercury Marine dealers, boat sales representatives and prospective new dealers.
• Outstanding commitment to the long-term development of Mercury dealers. Must exemplify a proven ability to coach, manage, consult, and grow sales with specific and measurable objectives. A strong business acumen is essential.
• Internal and external expert of customer, prospective, competitive and market intelligence information. The BDM represents the eyes and ears of the company.
• Must be comfortable in using data to discover opportunities
• Ability to then apply those findings into a discussion with our dealers that open their eyes to the opportunity
• Must be a skilled listener, mediator and negotiator while accomplishing goals and protecting interests.
• Have a proven track record of exceeding sales goals, market share goals and demonstrate an intense motivation to sell and grow market share.
• Develop sales strategies, techniques, tactics and training of product knowledge based on customer feedback and the market environment. Must be able to present key selling points, features and benefits while focusing on exceeding customer needs and expectations.
• Ability to travel to multiple Mercury dealers’ sales and service locations within the assigned territory. At least 60% overnight travel is required, more overnight travel during peak season.
• Communicate customer requirements and request support from other departments as necessary to assist in achieving established objectives. Must have strong cross-functional skills.
• Work jointly with assigned inside customer account representatives, service personnel and credit personnel to achieve territory sales goals.
• Attending Mercury sponsored events, boat-shows, open-houses and dealer events on the weekend is considered common.
Basic Qualifications and Experience:
• Must have at least a Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Marketing or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of related business work experience within the Marine Industry, Recreational Industry or in the areas of Sales, Business or Marketing is preferred.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint) Internet/Intranet and CRM skills, especially while tethered via laptop from a remote location.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel at least 60% overnight.
• Strong data analysis and computer skills, needs to have the ability to understand and analyze data and trends. Driven by metrics.
• A practical “nose for business” and a strong problem solver, both strategically and tactically.
• Possesses a high sense of urgency, low ego with high confidence. A high degree of credibility to be convincing and persuasive when faced with resistance.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here (https://www.eeoc.gov/employees-job-applicants) for more information
Brunswick (https://www.brunswick.com/job-candidate-privacy-notice) and Workday (https://www.workday.com/en-us/service-privacy.html?&_rda=/company/service_privacy.php) Privacy Policies
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through https:///www.brunswick.com/careers . If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or HRSharedServices@brunswick.com .
#Brunswick Corporation - Mercury Marine
Through innovation and inspiration, Brunswick is dedicated to redefining the future of the recreational marine market. We manage some of the most iconic and world-leading marine brands in propulsion, boats, parts and accessories, and business acceleration from our global headquarters in the Chicago suburb of Mettawa, IL.
- Brunswick Jobs