Institutional Shareholder Services Business Development Representative in New York, New York
Institutional Shareholder Services
Job ID 2019-2401
Job Locations US-NY-New York
ISS is offering an exciting, fast paced, team oriented, sales position for someone looking to start a career in financial services sales. You will gain experience under the mentorship of a seasoned sales team and start to build your Rolodex. In this role you will market to and interact with representatives from large financial institutions including: Chief Investment Officers, Portfolio Managers, Analysts, Directors of Research, the Head of Corporate Governance or ESG teams, and CCO's. The exposure and experience gained will help springboard your career in an Institutional Sales Role.
The ESG Analytics Business Development Representative will identify new business prospects on the East Coast of the US and Eastern half of Canada, and bring to market leading ESG/Responsible Investing and Data Analytics solutions. Ideal candidates will be results driven and highly motivated to generate new opportunities within the region and grow existing relationships. Use your creativity to correspond with, schedule meetings, and build relationships with C Level executives and investment professionals. Use your teamwork skills to strategize with the senior reps in determining a territory plan. Identify accounts for prospecting with your earnings potential contingent on lead connections you are able to make. Build proficiency in financial concepts including (but not limited to), environmental social and governance (ESG) integration and reporting; Economic Value Added valuation framework; Board evaluations, and executive compensation trends.
- * Learn and master ISS research databases and advanced selling and marketing technologies in order to demo services effectively and persuasively
- * Target, research and assist the sales team to create new leads across all segments (Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, and RIA's) for ISS ESG, ISS Analytics, and ISS EVA
- * Prospect within the defined territory of the East coast and Eastern Canada to identify and generate new leads for Sales Representatives
- * Manage a daily queue of inbound leads from ISS marketing campaigns and ISS website traffic with a goal of qualifying leads and establishing calls and meetings for Sales Representatives
- * Assist the sales team in developing and growing a geographical sales territory
- * Communicate any client/prospect or market intelligence gained in your prospecting with the sales team, marketing, and product management to share feedback or new opportunities discovered
- * Attend relevant industry events and educate oneself on the corporate governance industry
- * Demo and pitch products to clients and prospects.
- * Manage a regular stream of outbound campaigns in coordination with Marketing and sales colleagues to optimize our client touchpoints
- * Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- * Experience selling within the Financial Services industry a definite plus, but not required
- * Experience making outbound sales calls a plus
- * Must have strong desire to learn our financial research business and to grow into a professional senior sales executive
- * Must be able to utilize lead generating software and learn new technologies quickly
- * 2+ years' work experience and/or internship
- * Must be highly organized, goal oriented and able to think independently
- * Excellent presentation and inter-personal skills
- * A team player with emotional maturity
- * Absolute personal and business integrity
- * Excellent soft and interpersonal skills
- * Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Why would you be interested?
- * Joining a fast-growing company in an expanding market which will provide promising future career opportunities in corporate governance, financial services, and responsible investment.
- * Learn innovative new sales techniques and technologies to drive new business.
- * Be part of a collaborative team selling environment where your earning potential is only limited by your drive and energy.
Are you ready to use your high energy and positive attitude to learn more about financial markets? Are you naturally curious and want to learn about the research that ISS produces to assist some of the largest global financial firms in the world with wealth creation and risk mitigation? If so, come work for a leader and advance your career.
ISS Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.