Marsh & McLennan Cos Business Intelligence Developer in New York, New York
**Business Intelligence Developer**
**What can you expect?**
Marsh McLennan has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer, who is a self-starter that can work in a small development team with minimal supervision. The Senior Specialist would join the FP&A Center of Excellence ("COE") team. This role supports Marsh McLennan Finance by providing global standardized tools, reporting and data analytics.
**What is in it for you?**
In this role you would be working closely with COE Colleagues and key Stakeholders in the design, development and delivery of complex, strategic end-to-end reporting solutions, using Qliksense and other visualization software. You will be working with big data from fiduciary systems, Oracle financials, dimensional revenue data warehouses, Sales Force and a myriad of other systems and data sources. Applying your broad range of technical abilities and creative problem solving skills you will enable delivery of a wide range of analytics in an easy to visualize format to our the Finance and Business leadership located around the world. Additionally, you will work with other subject matter experts in assessing/analyzing data quality and developing remediation plans for data improvement.
**We will count on you to:**
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define KPIs, reporting and analytical needs and solutions using QlikSense and other BI Tools
- Effectively translate complex business requirements into optimal and scalable data model and visualization
- Develop, design and test dashboards and reports with focus on business insights and user experience
- Strong database designing and SQL skills
- Perform ETL, and proficient with Qlik scripting, set analysis, and QVD creation
- Must be comfortable working with multiple datasets with a high degree of complex relationships
- Establish appropriate application (data transformations, information definitions, process and 'how-to') documentation, leveraging design work and adding to the COE Data & Automation knowledge share
- Design test scripts and controls required to complete and sign-off system testing equivalent
- Deliver into UAT, supporting the COE & FP&A Community with roll-out, including end user training, testing and sign-off
- Works collaboratively within the COE team across multiple geographies and the FP&A community and partners with Marsh IT to move projects into production
- Develop distributed reporting solutions using BI information and tools such as NPrinting, or similar
**What you need to have:**
- Seasoned BI Reporting design & programming qualification/experience (Qlik Sense preferred) required
- Strong data modelling and visualization skills, enabling you to convert financial data into insightful, easy to understand visualizations for Business leaders who may not have finance backgrounds.
- Advanced data handling and scripting skills, including SQL and variable driven code
- Capable of developing compelling user-friendly QlikSense dashboards with intuitive drill through capabilities gained from prior work experience. Experience with PowerBI, Tableau and similar BI Tools a plus.
- Good understanding of financial reporting & analysis, statistical and finance analytics and ability to present such information visually.
- Specialist knowledge of analytical subject matter areas and tools including DAX and Python/R
- In depth understanding Oracle E-Business Suite, SmartView EPM and Salesforce would be advantageous
- Ability to convert build application from conceptual design and work independently to produce the desired results
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Economics (or equivalent certifications and qualifications) beneficial
- Three to five years' experience developing and presenting financial data for Finance and Business leadership with more recent experience focused on visual delivery of such information using Qlik and similar platforms.
- Desire to work with a global and diverse team across multiple time zones.
- Fluent in English both written and verbal, other languages strongly desired.
**Who We Are:**
Marsh & McLennan(NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company's 78,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries. With annual revenue of over $18 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marshadvises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions.Guy Carpenterdevelops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities.Mercerdelivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce.Oliver Wymanserves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visitmmc.com, follow us onLinkedInand Twitter@mmc\_globalor subscribe toBRINK.