Amazon Corporate LLC Business Intelligence Engineer Internship - Summer 2021 (US) in New York, New York
Do you enjoy solving complex problems and troubleshooting products? Are you passionate about developing test strategies, finding, and tracking bugs to resolution, and innovating on behalf of customers? Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and contribute to one of the most visited sites on the Internet?
If this describes you, consider joining us as an intern in the summer of 2021. Amazon is looking for a business intelligence engineer intern to join one of our many lines of business. Amazon interns have the opportunity to work alongside the industry's brightest engineers who innovate everyday on behalf of our customers. You will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will have the opportunity to impact the evolution of Amazon technology as well as lead mission-critical projects early in your career. Your work will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the company.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in fun activities with other interns throughout the summer. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your summer and learn in a real world setting.
Come chart your own path at Amazon.
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Seattle/Bellevue, WA; Nashville, TN; Austin, TX; Greater Bay Area, CA; DC Metro Area; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Greater Boston Area, MA; Greater Denver Area, CO; Greater Los Angeles Area, CA; Greater New York Area; Irvine, CA; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates in May and June 2021. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
As a business intelligence engineer intern, you will/may:
* Build small- to mid-size business intelligence (BI) solutions - data sets, queries, reports, dashboards, analyses - or components of larger solutions to answer business questions with data
* Use well-defined requirements to build a solution that enables effective, data-driven business decisions. Deliver end product on schedule
* Create and populate data structures using one or more schema definition languages (e.g. DDL, SDL, XSD, RDF)
* Write secure, stable, testable, and maintainable code with minimal defects, and automate manual processes where possible
* Use one or more industry analytics visualization tools (e.g. Excel, Tableau, QuickSight, MicroStrategy, PowerBI) and, as needed, statistical methods (e.g. t-test, Chi-squared) to deliver actionable insights to stakeholders
* Invent, refine, and develop BI solutions to ensure they meet the needs of the business and team goals
* Troubleshoot data, analyses, and code, research root causes, propose solutions, and take ownership in next steps for their resolutions
* Currently enrolled in or will receive a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in math/statistics/engineering or other equivalent quantitative discipline with a conferral date after September 2021
* Experience with data querying or modeling with SQL
* Experience with building and maintain basic data artifacts (e.g. ETL, data models, queries)
* Experience with one or more industry analytics visualization tools (e.g. Excel, Tableau, QuickSight, MicroStrategy, PowerBI) and statistical methods (e.g. t-test, Chi-squared)
* Experience with scripting language (e.g., Python, Java, or R)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.