Coach Inc Buyer, Women's Wallets & Small Leather Goods, Coach Outlet in New York, New York
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Primary Purpose: The Buyer will execute buying strategies for the Outlet Women s SLGs category. This is a great opportunity for an individual with outstanding analytical and communication skills, who is strategic and operational.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Buying to...
* Drive financial results that maximize revenue, gross margin, inventory turn goals through the development of merchandising and planning strategies for SLGs category
* Execute buy process from concept to completion, including partnership in product development, implementation of regional merchandising strategies and financial planning of sales/inventory
* Influence category assortments by analyzing product performance, customer feedback, consumer trend, competitive landscape and local market knowledge to global merchants/design
* Manage OTB to meet financial targets at the SKU level for sales, inventory & margin
* Work closely with Inventory Management and Allocation to ensure that inventory turn goals are met and assortments by door are maximized
* Initiate and generate business analysis to track selling, identify key trends and maximize opportunities in the assortment in order to achieve continued growth and profitability
* Continuously analyze and reforecast business and implement strategies to ensure plan is achieved, including adjusting product flow and inventory management
* Manage SKU lifecycle from adoption to delete, react to in season sales to determine go forward strategy
* Partner with Marketing, Product Knowledge, Visual Merchandising, Store Operations and Field Team to create synergies among all consumer touch points
* Partner with field team to solicit qualitative feedback on product, customers, store environments & competition
The accomplished individual will possess...
* Strong analytical skills
* Detail oriented, organized, ability to multi-task
* Strong product sensibility
* Ability to present and recommend strategies and build a business case
* Team player with a focus on collaboration
* Highly skilled in Excel and proficient learner of planning and buying systems
* B.A. or B.S. required
* 5 - 7 years of Buying and/or Planning experience required
* 1+ years of people management preferred
Our Competencies for All Employees
* Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
* Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
* Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
* Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
* Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn t upset when things are up in the air; doesn t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
* Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
* Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
* Managerial Courage: Doesn t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant s or employee s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-JG1 Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Employer's Job# 612095000
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.