Marsh & McLennan Cos Career Consulting Communications Intern- New York- Collage Program 2021 (Location New York) in New York, New York
Think. Consult. Change Lives.
Imagine an experience that:
- Allows you to use your existing skills and learn new ones
- Challenges you to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and touch the lives of the individuals who work at them
- Provides you with the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
WHO WE ARE
We're Mercer - we believe in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries.
Mercer's Career Consultants work with clients around the world to engage their most important assets, their people. They partner with board members, senior executives, and HR leaders to optimize business performance through strategies that better manage, reward, and engage their people. Mercer brings clients a range of integrated solutions across five practice areas: Rewards, HR Transformation, Talent Strategy, Workforce Planning & Analytics, Communications, and Mobility.
The Mercer Career Consulting Communication Summer Internship is a great way to learn about our culture and meet our people. Summer interns work with a broad range of clients and industries, participating as a member of project teams to execute on communication strategies, and create content to engage and motivate employees, ensure change is embraced, and help employees to understand the business drivers for the change.
During the summer internship, you will be part of a team that develops and implements communication in the areas of benefits, rewards, and talent management. To be successful in the role, you must love to write.
- Working with client engagement teams and providing input on employee communication projects
- Communication channels include websites and online materials, brochures, newsletters, videos, posters, and postcards
- Proofreading and editing a wide variety of client deliverables, providing drafts that are grammatically and structurally correct
- Drafting, reviewing, and editing communication materials to provide simple and clear copy, for print, online, and videos/presentations
- Working with graphic designers to review content in design layout, provide edits, and finalize using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Effectively prioritizing and managing assigned tasks independently, and delivering work on time and within budget
- Progress toward a bachelor's degree in Communication, Journalism, English, Digital Media, Visual and Graphic Design, Marketing, or a related Business or Liberal Arts major with junior class standing
- Record of top academic achievement (minimum preferred GPA: 3.0/4.0)
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills along with strong grammar and composition knowledge and editing skills
- Enjoy working in a team-oriented business environment
- Be flexible, adaptable, and have the ability to handle multiple projects and to work under tight deadlines
- Have business writing, HR communication, and/or journalism or editorial internship or extracurricular experience
- Possess strong business acumen as well as creativity
- Have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Extra points if you have graphic or web design experience
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. We offer several Business Resource Groups (BRGs) that employees can participate in (MMC Pride, Rising Professionals, Racial, Ethnic & Multicultural Diversity) Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.
You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the Hirevue platform.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in over 40 countries and the firm operates in over 140 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, Oliver Wyman. For more information, visit http://careers.mmc.com follow us on LinkedInand Twitter @lifeatmercer or subscribe toBRINK. For a glimpse into our culture check out our intern blog site at https://mercercampus.wordpress.com/.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers